Hamburger Helper

Options
2»

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    its nice to know other people eat "real" food, as in not just fruits/veggie/fish etc etc, i mean lets be honest, with 2 kids i have to eat sometimes what we have and what they like. also $$ makes us get what we can afford!! HH ISNT the healthiest choice BUT eating less of it and adding veggies or something and i think its ok still!!

AGREED!!
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My kids love Hamburger Helper, so I thought I'd pull a switcheroo and make the new "healthier" Hamburger Helper - whole wheat, can't remember the exact name. I bought the Cheeseburger Macaroni flavor. It had a terrible odor! The taste was ok, but if you smelled it before you took a bite, it smelled like . . . something my kids have to scoop up after the dogs have been in the yard. Yuck! From now on, I'll make the regular old fashioned HH. After all, we only have it once or twice a year! And we always eat veggies on the side!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    didnt know they had a whole wheat version, i did switch to WW pasta and the kids didnt notice, i'm sure they would with this either....whats with the turkey meat? never had it, is it different in taste alot?

For me, ground turkey works in some dishes, but not always as a replacement for ground beef. I haven't eaten beef in a few years, so I've tried ground turkey in a lot of dishes. I make a turkey meatloaf with sweet chili sauce that is unbelievable, but I tried ground turkey in a traditional meatloaf, and it wasn't so great.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hamburger Helper is just so freakin' salty.