I need help with my Goal!

Options
When I started using MFP, I listed my weight and activity level as sedentary (desk job). My calorie goal was 1550. Since I've lost a few pounds, it changed it to 1450, but today I decided that maybe it would be better to change my activity level to light, since I use my exercise bike almost every day. Then my goal changed to 1600. What do you think is the most accurate goal? I'm wondering if I should just keep things the way they were when I started??

Replies

• blink1281
    blink1281 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would leave your activity level as sedentary if you work an office job w/ a lot of sitting. Then if you log your exercising your allotted calories for the day will increase. That is what i do and then i eat my extra calories. I have only been at this for a little over a week so maybe others have a a better idea.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Sedentary is up to about 6000 steps a day it's not simply doing nothing, are you doing the caloric equivalent of that much on the bike? If not you are still sedentary. You will get the most accurate results by calculating your BMR from your lean body mass (get bodyfat tested) and your TDEE from using a pedometer or heart rate monitor rather than guessing intensity and quantity.