Looking for C25K Buddies

Options
Hi all,

So I used to run, okay that is probably to simple a statement I used to love to run most days. Of course there were days that I hated it and it hated me. The first time I ran I race, I was totally hooked. I ran a half-marathon, I ran in soccer games twice a week, I did an Olympic Distance tri, plus a bunch of smaller races.

And then I had a kid and I love her but three years of not training consistently for anything (other than potty training) has definitely taken its toll. I signed onto MFP for the first time 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it so far and I think I've got the food thing figured out at least as far as planning goes. I still haven't quite made it through the cravings and the emotional eating and well the fact that I just love food. I also haven't figured out how I'm going to eat back the calories I burned working out but since it put me closer to 1300 than I wanted.

So that means its time to start working out and as I mentioned before I do better with a goal which to me means a race. I know a number of people who loved the Couch to 5K program so I thought that I'd give it a whirl. I just finished day 1 of the C25K workout and I'm looking to run a 5k at the end of March.

In addition to having a goal, I also do better with support and motivation from others. I'd love to connect with other people who are also doing the C25K program. If anyone has thought about doing the plan is a great day to start. So post a comment if you want to do this together.

Replies

• auncangco1
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm all signed up for a 5k in march and am about to start C25K this week after a 4 month break. If you'd like to cheer each other on through the process, please add me :).

Good luck!
    Alicia
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just added you as a friend. I'm excited to start the C25K program. It will be great to know someone else who is doing the program too.
  • howebrook
    Options
    Bump
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I just found this topic, I am new to the C25k. I am on week one. I got suckered into a Rugged Maniac race in July with a bunch of my spin class friends from my gym. I hate running but I have been wanting to really give it a try and this Rugged Maniac race is just the thing to get me focused on a new goal.

I have tried the week one on the treadmill 3x already but I am having foot & shin pain and muscle tightening in my legs. I'm going to try getting fitted for some good running shoes when I get my next paycheck.

Friend me if you would like!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had started my c25k 3 weeks ago. I quickly jumped to week 6 as I found out that i could do much more than I anticipated:) But week 6 looks like limit for now and I have to build my stamina on top of it. I am repeating week 6.
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the C25K! I'll be doing The Color Run in June, so I have no more excuses this time :)
  • haybreez02
    Options
    I'm starting today, I have my first 5k in May. Add me if you would like! :)
  • slimdowntoneup
    slimdowntoneup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eee I just started today, it was a cold and dark morning but it actually felt really good! So surprised that I actually made it through the whole thing too :)
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I too am on week 6 and having to repeat it several times due to stamina and difficulty making it fit around my weekly gym class schedule. I've tried this program before and stopped prior to week 6 because I got frustrated, but now that I got fitted for running shoes and inserts, running is no longer painful!
    I will say the first time I had to run 2 miles straight I was mentally freaking out - I had to keep reminding myself I could physically do it because the program had prepared me for it and that my mind was the only obstacle. And you know what, I did run those 2 miles without stopping and that felt really good :)
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    you can add me if you like, did day 2 today on week 1, I love it so far
  • unusualyoux
    Options
    I just added you as a friend. I'm excited to start the C25K program. It will be great to know someone else who is doing the program too.

I'm on this same programme too! Would be great to have someone else to motivate me so add me if you would like?

I'm struggling with week 7 by the way! Nearly there though but need a push!!
  • howebrook
    Options
    What is the Rugged Maniac race? I think having a race is definitely the best way to stay motivated.
  • lucymk28
    Options
    I'm on week 3-I wouldn't say I love it yet, but am happy I'm sticking with it...have even been running in snow and rain!! Good luck. Feel free to add me :)
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am also doing it the C25K program. Feel free to add me if you want. I am supposed to start Week 3 Day 1 tomorrow, but I may do Week 2 again.
  • DustyBanana
    DustyBanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal this summer is to run a 5k please add me for support :-)
    I am starting Feb 1 -- fresh month for a challenge
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started it a few months ago and got to week 7 and had some knee problems so I backed off. I will start again tomorrow and feel free to add me too :smile:
  • sarrora
    sarrora Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm starting tomorrow :)
  • slimdowntoneup
    slimdowntoneup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Second run today, was fine but I think I felt a bit more tired today than I did in my first run. Probably because I ran at midday and had eaten not even an hour before - silly me!
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of repeating week 1 as I am really that unfit :( I've never ran before in my life though so I think I'm struggling more with getting my form right than anything else! Next run is tomorrow... hopefully I can start week 2 next week!
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started Week 5 for the second time today. I had a huge mental block on Week 5 Day 3 last time and started jumping around and doing days as I please. I'm buckling down and going to do it right this time, even if it means I have to repeat this week over and over again. My husband and I are doing a mud run in April so I need to work on upper body strength as well as running stamina so this should be interesting :wink: