Need some motivation help!

HI! I'm 24 and gained 30 pounds in less than a year. I have recently been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism - and here I thought that was supposed to make you LOSE weight.

I have been trying for the past year to lose weight and it has been incredibly difficult for me. I could really use some friends to help me on my weight loss journey! I think I will do better if I am held accountable. And who couldn't use some motivation to exercise during Ohio winters!

Replies

• hey there! while i don't know much about hyperthyroidism, i do know a bit about motivation! please friend me! it's easier when you have others encouraging you and in your "circle". best of luck on your journey! slow and steady wins the race!

-ashley
  • tlesa88
    tlesa88 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm 24 as well and looking to lose weight. Please feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey, I know you'll get there!
  • atiraw
    atiraw Posts: 2
    feel free to friend me. I'm in London in a slightly different position (34, working mum, busy lifestyle) but know how hard it is to keep motivated. Like another member just said, slow and steady... it took a while to put the weight on, it will take a while to take it off. Try motivating yourself towards milestones along the way that aren't food related.
    MFP makes it so much easier to keep track of what you're really eating that it's a good tool for effective weight loss.
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    hi there! i was dignaosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago. unfourtunatly by the time i was diganosed, i had not only baby weight to deal with but i had also put on a lot of weight. ill send you a friend request :)
  • What best motivation than kicking your/our disease's fat bum? :)