TDEE scoobys

Options
clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
I know this topic is posted all the time but I just wanted to double check with ppl on here to see if I'm doing this right:

I used scooby's calculator

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

and my BMR is 1528
TDEE is 1834
and -20% is 1467

I did not include exercise in my equation because the calories I burn vary and I want this to be as accurate as possible. SO my question is:

Does this sound right and the plan is that I either eat 1467 if I don't exercise or eat back my exercise calories?

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You need to add in your exercise calories up front and get a higher amount that you eat consistently, or add in the exercise calories after, which is no different than what MFP does.

Edited to add you'll find that they amount to about the same if you're honest about your exercise level.
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Is it ok if I just keep it as it is and eat the exercise calories as I burn them because the amount of calories I burn varies a lot (I have a HRM tho so I accurately record how much I burn).
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Does that sound right?
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Do not eat under your BMR.

If anything, set your goal to your BMR and eat back your exercise calories - that's what I'm doing. :-)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Since the TDEE - 20% brings you under your BMR, then it is too ambitious of weight loss. You should choose TDEE - 15% which is 1560 calories a day.

It is a tad slower weight loss, but it will be significantly better for you in the long run.
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Thanks!!! :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Are we to go by the actual food calories eaten eating or the net for our calorie count for the day?