HELP PLEASE!! Calorie Issues!

Options
13»

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have recently lowered my calorie intake. I am finding that after going to the gym 4 times a week using the treadmill I have gained the weight back that I lost (only a pound). I have only been doing this for 2 weeks. Is this normal?

Yes, that is normal for some if not all people. It's just water.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Isn't the reason you work out is to burn calories to loose weight? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of working out if you re-eat the calories you just burn? Just trying to understand the concept here.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    OK my first point in all this is always: How do people gain weight if they struggle to meet 1200-1500 a day now?

Because these people probably ate junk that is high in calories but low in nutrition. Now that they're trying to eat healthy and nutritious food, they are finding it difficult to meet their calorie goals AND do not want to revert back to their old ways of eating.

You can still lose weight eating nothing but twinkies every day.....if you don't eat enough twinkies to go over your calories.

Not going to be very healthy...but you can still lose weight eating 'junk' food.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    OK my first point in all this is always: How do people gain weight if they struggle to meet 1200-1500 a day now?

Because these people probably ate junk that is high in calories but low in nutrition. Now that they're trying to eat healthy and nutritious food, they are finding it difficult to meet their calorie goals AND do not want to revert back to their old ways of eating.

You can still lose weight eating nothing but twinkies every day.....if you don't eat enough twinkies to go over your calories.

Not going to be very healthy...but you can still lose weight eating 'junk' food.

You are correct, but that is not at all what I wrote. When one is eating food that is low in nutrition and basically crap, one will not feel as full. It's much easier to consume 1200 calories when eating twinkies than it is when eating broccoli.