Non-Gimmicky Cleanse to Move Old Food Out

2»

Replies

• Fiber wont work without enough water, so tons of water and tons of fruits and veggies, WORK for me every time =) and burritos =)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    What goes in must come out right? But I agree with the water...I have had a few days over Christmas when I ate lots of stuff that I wouldn`t usually eat and got a little `stuck`...I just drank lots of water and got back to the regular food...well...it all went well in the end :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Water, exercise, water, cup of coffee, water, long nap, water......in that order:wink:
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Prune juice FTW!
    As a kid, I remember grown folks used to drink this carbonated stuff in a green glass bottle.... Citrus Nitrate... or something like that. That was some 'twice a year max, during a 3-day weekend' type of stuff.

They sell that at the Walgreen's here. My sister-in-law has problems in that area and uses it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    There are exercises that are supposed to stimulate peristalsis.

Try dynamic horse stance! (Maybe the horse is so dynamic because he's 10 pounds lighter)

dynamic_hrse_ball1.jpg

This is a gif in my head. My imagination added the next few frames, and it's quite fabulous.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Lots of water and bean burritos with hot sauce.
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    When I overdo it on traditional southern food (I live in Mississippi, it happens more often than I'd like to admit), I drink water with lemon juice for a few days . . . besides fat and carbs, southern food tends to be heavy on the salt, too, and the lemon juice has mild diuretic properties to help with retaining fluid from all the sodium.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    I'm a nurse in OB and after c-sections if they have problems we sometimes give what we call a 'bomb' 1/2 c prune juice, 1/3 c apple juice and about 1/2 c dr pepper. Drink up!! Hope this helps. :drinker:
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Just poop.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Prune juice FTW!
    As a kid, I remember grown folks used to drink this carbonated stuff in a green glass bottle.... Citrus Nitrate... or something like that. That was some 'twice a year max, during a 3-day weekend' type of stuff.

Maybe magnesium citrate?

Sounds right. That stuff is wicked mean (but quite effective).
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Water and a psyllium product like Metamucil, then more water.
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    If you like tea try ordering "Get Clean" from The Republic of Tea (or you can just order it off of Amazon. Sadly, I have to order it online because I haven't seen it in any of my local stores) It's a delicious red tea that has a nice almond taste to it. When ever I feel bloated I always have a cup or two and it does the trick by the next day!
  • I'm a nurse in OB and after c-sections if they have problems we sometimes give what we call a 'bomb' 1/2 c prune juice, 1/3 c apple juice and about 1/2 c dr pepper. Drink up!! Hope this helps. :drinker:

Wish I had known about this tidbit after my first c section.... Will keep this in mind for future "episodes" :)

Maybe try some abdominal massage? Drink loads of water first, then rub with decent pressure around your belly button counter clockwise....
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Always get plenty of fiber
    Now maybe a cup of coffee usually does the trick.
    A spoon and a good friend.
    Let's think about seeing a doctor...maybe?
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    You guys always come through for me! Thank you for all of your advice!