Do you feel bad about a food you can't log?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you CAN'T log - might be something you don't want to log, but you can add anything - even if you only use quick add calories.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty as there is always a way to log whatever it is.

If you ate it at a restaurant, see if they have their NI posted online (or check with the place) than use that.

If you made it at home put all the ingredients into the recipe builder and calculate it that way.

If you ate at someone elses house or someone else made the food and you don't know what went into it find something similar in the database.

There shouldn't be something you can't log at all. It's better to guess (and try to guess higher than you think) than not put anything in.
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would look up similar foods in the database to get an idea of about how many calories may be in it and then just give it my best guess and enter a high estimate under "quick add"

I do this as well :)

33017025.png
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I usually pick things that are similar. Like, there's a local restaurant that has delicious chicken wings, but no nutrition info, so I usually just go for the info for buffalo wild wings instead (rather than someone's homemade recipe, which is probably way lower calories, LOL).

It won't be exact, no, but it should get you close.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I do : /
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I usually find the closest thing I can and bump it up a few calories incase I missed anything. If I'm not feeling lazy I'll try to enter the recipe.
  • haileybailey5
    haileybailey5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    or dont stress out. Skipping one day of exact logging wont really harm your end goal. It may stall you for a day or two but not in the long term. If you can find it or dont want to bother to play that 'is this right or am I over/ underestimating' game than just make a note that what you had but didnt log if you want to have some point of reference.

Remember this is about a lifetime eating plan and sometime you eat something with an unknown amount of calories for the sheer pleasure of enjoyment, such is food and such is life. :bigsmile:

YES everything this person said!!