Dunkin dontuts?!?

Options
So I'm a New Englander so I RUN on Dunkin. I usually get a large Iced hazelnut extra cream and extra sugar. Until today when I saw the actual nutritional facts. I need something that tastes good, from Dunkin, iced, HEALTHY and something I can get in a large...any recommendations?

donuts***

Replies

• AshleyNicolexo_
    Options
    my suggestion... switch to starbucks and get a soy latte lol.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ice coffee black?
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Get it regular instead of "extra", to start.....
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ice coffee black?

^This.

I have dated two women from the New England area, and I swear, I have never seen so damned many of one chain in any given three mile radius as I do the DDs in upstate New York, and Connecticut.

But seriously, if it HAS to be from there, go with Acg's suggestion. That's about the only way you are going to get what you are asking for.
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Switch to milk in it instead of cream and if you can't get used to it being black..ask for just a little milk in it. Then switch out the sugar and either use splenda or bring some stevia or something with you in packets.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yeah, DD Iced Coffee black. If you have the calories for it, it's really good with just cream (no sugar).
  • sltpsu15
    sltpsu15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go with Starbucks...coffee with steamed skim milk. A tad bit of sugar (I don't like artificial sweeteners) and some cinnamon. As my sister calls it - a poor mans latte.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Ice coffee black?

yepyepyep
    328.gif
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    yep, black coffee is my recommendation too.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I'm a New Englander so I RUN on Dunkin. I usually get a large Iced hazelnut extra cream and extra sugar. Until today when I saw the actual nutritional facts. I need something that tastes good, from Dunkin, iced, HEALTHY and something I can get in a large...any recommendations?

donuts***

switch to caffeinated green tea :happy:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm of an age where I just don't get the amount of money people spend buying a coffee every morning. I have a great coffeemaker, grind my own beans, set it to brew right before I wake up and drink my own coffee, adding to it whatever I want that fits into my calories. It's no trouble, I have great coffee, I save money and calories.
  • Cmg7664
    Cmg7664 Posts: 20
    Options
    black or with milk and splenda.......if you need to have the sweetness. I am from Boston and run on DD myself. I only have one cup a day and used to do cream and sugar.......now it is milk and splenda.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ice coffee black?

yepyepyep
    328.gif

I third this! Partly because you shouldn't ruin a good coffee with extras (unless you are getting Starbucks, then get all the extras, because that stuff tastes like dirt) but mostly just for the yip yip martians :wink:
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my suggestion... switch to starbucks and get a soy latte lol.

star bucks would be great if they were not all so far away... I am a new englander as well. :(
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I go with Starbucks...coffee with steamed skim milk. A tad bit of sugar (I don't like artificial sweeteners) and some cinnamon. As my sister calls it - a poor mans latte.

i do this same exact thing :) very tasty and saves tons of cals!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Really? We are denying ourselves a little milk and sweetener in our coffee now?

Just get coffee with the milk of your choice and the sweetener of your choice. The calories are not significant if you are aware of them. I drink 3-4 cups of hot coffee a day, it's about 120-150 calories total with skim milk and sugar.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Do you have to go anywhere for your Coffee? Make it at home and save money.

In regards to the sugar part, as you may now know it's not healthy and will only stall your weight loss. It'll take time but cut back little by little and eventually you won't need it at all in your coffee.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely nothing helpful to add to this topic because I don't drink beverages with added sugar, but can't help commenting that I thought you wrote "dontuts" on purpose--like don't. ????
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm of an age where I just don't get the amount of money people spend buying a coffee every morning. I have a great coffeemaker, grind my own beans, set it to brew right before I wake up and drink my own coffee, adding to it whatever I want that fits into my calories. It's no trouble, I have great coffee, I save money and calories.

I do love a nice gourmet coffee from a coffee house, but I make my own as well, besides the very occasional cup. I miss in Europe where the coffee from bakeries or cafes was so delicious and not near as expensive.