A different kind of gripe

Options
concordancia
concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
See that avatar, that is me dancing with my man. He has a very low BMI. He plays soccer and goes to body sculpt class on his lunch hour. He eats fruit like I used to eat ice cream. He has the same salad for lunch every day.

Shortly after I started working out and skipping McDs, he signed up for a trainer at his gym on Mondays. The second week, he stopped at the gym on his way home Friday night.

Part of my motivation for getting in shape is to keep up with him, HOW am I supposed to do that if he keeps getting stronger yet?!

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I find that one of the biggest ingredients to misery is comparing yourself with others and deliberately coming up short in your mind.
    Don't do it to compare to him, or his goals or what he's doing. Do it for yourself, for whatever reasons you may have for pursuing fitness and health.
    Good luck, keep on trucking!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean, but I meant this more tongue in cheek!
  • ohrandi
    ohrandi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle..

That quote has helped me a lot, and I think applies to this situation pretty well.

On a preachy side note, it's not healthy to be jealous of your partner like that. You should be happy that he's pushing himself, and use that to push yourself that much harder. Just an observation..
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle..

That quote has helped me a lot, and I think applies to this situation pretty well.

On a preachy side note, it's not healthy to be jealous of your partner like that. You should be happy that he's pushing himself, and use that to push yourself that much harder. Just an observation..
    totally agree, i know you want his support so doesnt he deserve your support. Also focused on yourself and not worry about his health journey just yours.