Superfoods!

aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Love these guys. :) Self magazine has this on their website...foods that will help you lose weight. I try to eat as many as I can. I'm sure a lot of you already know about these, but for those who don't...enjoy!

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2010/03/20-superfoods-slideshow

I've also heard red bell peppers are great so I bought one last time I went shopping and have been putting them in sandwiches and omelettes. Yum!

Replies

• dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    just checked it out. Interesting. thanks for sharing!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    I read somewhere that red bell peppers have ten times the vitamin C of an orange!!! One of my favorite light meals is to mix a can of tuna with spicy mustard and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, then spoon into a red pepper wedge and munch away! Yum-O!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Mmm, mrssuejones, that sounds so good! I'll have to try it. I just bought some tuna... I have spicy mustard at home... and I'm sure I could find some worcestershire sauce :)
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    I read somewhere that red bell peppers have ten times the vitamin C of an orange!!!

That I believe! I have red peppers a lot and everytime I log them, my Vitamin C % is like 843%. Super high!

PS..the link was great. I LOVE pomegranates. Glad to see they're on the list!
This discussion has been closed.