Weekend Challenge?

ToTheLove
ToTheLove Posts: 357
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys! The biggest downfall of my week is the weekend. I feel like I work so hard all week long and then Friday rolls around and i BLOW it. So I'm setting up a challenge for myself and I'm hoping there might be others out there who want to do it with me!

My big thing - drinking. It's what ruins it all for me. So this weekend I've decided not to drink! It's gonna be hard cuz we have people over every Friday for poker and stuff and everyone else will be drinking... but I can handle it!

The next goal is to go to the gym Saturday. I may or may not be able to make it Sunday seeing as how it's Easter and all.

And the 3rd one: Do my calisthenics! I never ever do them on the weekend and I always regret it.

I'm hoping that if I accomplish all of these things that I'll have a big week this week. I guess we'll just have to see!!!

So yeah, if you have a problem with weekends too, JOIN ME! And we'll all check in on Monday and keep each other accountable. And if anyone feels like this helps, we'll do it again next week!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    Hey guys! The biggest downfall of my week is the weekend. I feel like I work so hard all week long and then Friday rolls around and i BLOW it. So I'm setting up a challenge for myself and I'm hoping there might be others out there who want to do it with me!

My big thing - drinking. It's what ruins it all for me. So this weekend I've decided not to drink! It's gonna be hard cuz we have people over every Friday for poker and stuff and everyone else will be drinking... but I can handle it!

The next goal is to go to the gym Saturday. I may or may not be able to make it Sunday seeing as how it's Easter and all.

And the 3rd one: Do my calisthenics! I never ever do them on the weekend and I always regret it.

I'm hoping that if I accomplish all of these things that I'll have a big week this week. I guess we'll just have to see!!!

So yeah, if you have a problem with weekends too, JOIN ME! And we'll all check in on Monday and keep each other accountable. And if anyone feels like this helps, we'll do it again next week!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm with you! Drinking usually gets me too..but, I realized that I have extra work to do this weekend for school and all, so I'm cancelling my plans at the bar:)
    I'm going to visit my parents this weekend..so I won't be just around my apt EATING. I hate that too...try to keep lots of fruit in my apt, but....I run out quickly.
    But yeah....I'm in this challenge with you...let's do it!!
  • ToTheLove
    Awesome! I'm so excited to see what this does to my numbers for next week. I've been losing anywhere from 1-3 lbs each week but I know I could do more if I'm more careful on the weekends. This weekend is kind of an experiment really to see how far I can push myself if I'm really good all week long! Plus I'm getting kinda close to being under 180 (Which I haven't been since I was 16 or 17) so I'm pretty excited to reach that mile stone. Then after that one, it's the 20 lbs lost milestone!!! WOOO. We can SO do it. We're gonna rock this weekend!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Count me in as well! I don't drink, but on weekends i'm usually in town where fast food is, or at my parents where they have a vending machine... and Sunday's after church potlucks and brunches usually do me in hahahaha
  • londob
    londob Posts: 2
    I did this last week. No drinking all week (I usually enjoy a glass of wine in the evening) and all weekend. I ended up losing 2 pounds. This coming week I am trying something else. I will probably go out on saturday but make sure that i go to the gym either before i go out, or the next morning to even out the calories from drinking. I am trying to find a way to keep my social life but continue on my weight loss plan.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I did this last week. No drinking all week (I usually enjoy a glass of wine in the evening) and all weekend. I ended up losing 2 pounds. This coming week I am trying something else. I will probably go out on saturday but make sure that i go to the gym either before i go out, or the next morning to even out the calories from drinking. I am trying to find a way to keep my social life but continue on my weight loss plan.

It's so hard with the social life and weight loss. I have some friends who get all mad at me when I bail and tell them that I don't want to go out "drinking" every weekend. Whatever...I'm starting to think that if they aren't supportive of me and my decision for health instead of beer, then they may not be the best friends for me.
This discussion has been closed.