Hello!

I am new to myfitnesspal.com. So far, I really like it and I am making progress!

I have been struggling with my weight for many years due to my underactive thyroid. I put on weight VERY easily if I do not restrict myself and exercise a lot regularly. Once I put on the weight, it is EXTREMELY hard to lose it again.

I have yo-yo'd up and down for years - QUICKLY gaining 10 to 20 lbs when I eat a "normal" healthy diet with treats now and then, and then losing it again VERY SLOWLY by drastically restricting my carbs and calories and exercising a lot.

I am tired of the yo-yo and am determined to get to my goal and stay there ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

I have come to accept that the only way for me to achieve this is to stay on the restricted diet (mainly lean meats, fruits, and vegetables), with one "cheat day" a week where I will be able to let loose and have some healthy carbs and maybe a dessert, and exercise consistently 6 or 7 days a week - even after I get to my goal weight.

I know I can do it!

Replies

• badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    You can do it! You sound like you have a solid plan, so good luck to you. If you want to add me as a friend, feel free!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Hey pal sounds like you got a good plan in mind. you can feel free to add me - reading your post i'm looking around to see if i posted it myself and forgot haha - we are in almost the same exact boat. :)