Howdie, Y'all!

Okay, so I'm stoked to be on this site!!!
I just fell for my first 'get thin quick' scam ("lose a pound a day" from this nameless 'swiss doctor') for the first time in my life, --only because it was introduced to me by a VERY trusted friend and long time dr.

I got sooooo stoked and my hope and confidence in losing the weight fast soared... until I was on it for a few weeks. In 2.5 weeks I did loose 8.5 lbs, but 6 of those was just the water weight you always lose first when you're hard core dieting, and that's hardly a pound a day.... and I was shaking hard all the time, STARVING all the time (750 cals/day VLCD), and well, let's just say my intestines thought the diet was as stupid as my brain did.

So I got my money back.

And I'm stoked to be eating healthily again, and back to normal life again... but I find myself totally bumming out about how much LONGER it'll take to get the weight off the 'normal' way-- especially since due to my back I'm not supposed to be teaching my Zumba class or runnng or training for any triathlons right now.

It's a viscious cycle: with the extra weight off, I could Zumba and run again faster, but since I'm not supposed to right now, I can only rely on diet to help me lose, but not working out makes me DEPRESSED, so I want to eat an entire loaf of 99 Ranch's Coconut Milk Butter Bread and drink a vat of dark chocolate hot cocoa to drown my sorrows, which will put on more lbs. and make this entire process take MUCH longer.

Sigh.

Anywho, Me: mom of 3 boys under 6 years old, wife to the Best Man In The Univese, slave to 2 cats and my irritable discs (result from a fall bouldering 20 years ago).

So if you like to work out hard, please friend me so I can live vicariously through you, and be more motivated by your status updates of awesome work-out-ness, to step away from the Chinese bakeries and chocolate products in general, and keep my focus set on getting back into the gym, and into my Tri-skin.

Rock it out for me, peeps. ;p

Replies

• Chin up, friend :)

What about just walking? As you know I have a bad back too, and my doctor encouraged walking, and well, it's better than nothing :D