peanut butter substitute

Options
I have heard of a powdered peanut butter - made from peanuts but most of the fat has been removed - but I don't know what it is called. I tried GNC and they had heard of it but do not carry it. Has any tried it?? What is it called and where can I find it?

Replies

• mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    PB2. They have a good website and a lot of grocery stores carry this if they have a health food dept. I eat it every day. Add some cinnamon and it is a wonderful treat!
  • carollu101
    carollu101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got mine at GNC then at my health food store-was a couple dollars less at health food store. PB2 is great-I have the one with chocolate too!
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    PB2 - Its a powdered form of peanut butter you can mix with water.
    Very low in calories and a great subsitute,
    Good luck
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I just got some PB2 and I am hooked. Great stuff!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I got mine at Fred Meyer in the organic section
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy. PB2 is for wimps. :bigsmile:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I agree. Why would you want to get rid of the fats from Peanut butter. They are healthy fats, and are supposed to help with fat loss.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i love pb2! as a fun little result of crohns, fats can really bother my stomach, so pb2 is a nice substitute + its easy to mix into a protein shake or greek yogurt.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I agree, however I do love it for convenience sake in my smoothies. PB2, a frozen banana, chocolate protein powder and some almond milk and I am in BLISS.

I bought mine on Amazon.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I could ever do away with real peanut butter! It's too much of a staple in my diet!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Just buy peanut flour, same stuff as PB2 without added sugar or salt and cheaper.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I buy it from the netrition website. I like the one with the chocolate added better than the plain.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I could ever do away with real peanut butter! It's too much of a staple in my diet!

MIne too. I found "Better N' Peanut Butter" - it IS made from real peanuts. 100 calories per 2 tablespoons, and I use it in 1 tbsp. increments normally, so 50 cal for me - does not taste bad at all. it's a little pricey (4.99 - 5.99). It's in the peanut butter area at most regular stores, usually top shelf.

I can't imagine powdered peanut butter and water. :huh:
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did see the Better N Peanut Butter at Target but was not sure how it was. Maybe I will try it!!
  • muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've tried both Better n' Peanut Butter and peanut flour (like others have said, similar to PB2), and actually find that peanut flour is tastier and more similar to "real" peanut butter....to my taste buds at least. But I'd recommend trying both and seeing what works better for you, I guess. If you do go for the peanut flour (I buy Protein Plus brand on Amazon, add a bit of stevia and some salt if you're going to eat it straight).

I could never totally give up peanut butter, but find that adding peanut flour to smoothies and as a snack is a satisfying alternative that helps me stay within my macros. Regular PB is now more of a "treat" vs. an everyday item.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I found a store that carries the PB2 - they only had the chocolate peanut butter the day i went so I got it. I love it!!! Have been taking it to work for lunch - I actually make 1.5 servings and put it on sandwich thins - about the same calories as 2 tbs of regular peanut butter!!