Needing support & motivation from big time losers

Options
I have no one in my day to day life to offer support, encouragement, motivation and a good swift kick in the butt when I don't go on my walks. Would those of you who have lost hundreds of pounds and been in my similar situation be willing to be my friends and provide me with the support that is so desperately needed?

Yesterday Jan 24th was my Birthday and I am not where I wanted to be weight wise. However I am down 133 from my highest of 497. I didn't do much last year weight wise. I started this year at 378 and even though we are only like 3 weeks into the year I feel myself beginning to lose the momentum. I know I need to lose the weight as I have many medical conditions and as I am getting older and older life is getting more and more difficult. It is very difficult for me as I am physical disability. With each movement I make I am in extreme pain. I did start to use the rollator to walk and was doing really well for 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I managed to walk 2 house away from my house. But last week and this week I have been very busy and haven't been out for my walks. I also have become aware that my eating changed this week and I am not eating as well as I had been for the first 2 weeks. I like a variety of foods and am not good with eliminating the various food groups from my program. I have tried to substitute lower fat and lower calories for the higher calorie snacks I had been eating last year. But this week I have found myself eating too much of them. I really need more accountability and hope someone who has been through what I am going through would be able to help as a friend. Thanks for reading and hope to be friends soon.

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Am bumping this up as I think Midnight might not have been the right time to post this thread. I am a bit surprised that those of you who have lost over 100 pounds haven't replied as I am really in need of friends who have been where I am yet managed to lose their weight.
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I sent you a Friend request I totally understand about having a Physical disability I have Lymphedema which really affects my mobility I have horrible balance and walking more is something I am working on myself.

What works for me and I am not saying it is for everyone is having an eating plan I can live with for life and that does not feel like a diet or that I am deprived in anyway. You cheat on diets but when it is your way of eating if you go off plan it is just a little blip pick yourself up and just go on with your life. We have all spent way too many years saying I messed up! I am a failure! and that is wrong you have not failed you were human and things happen.

This is my 2nd go at losing a lot of weight I did it 10 years ago losing almost 400 pounds and then I stopped letting myself matter and let all the things that can get in the way of taking care of me happen. I am really working on the mental this time and why it is more comfortable for me to hide behind weight.

Looking forward to getting to know you and we can do this :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi I sent you a Friend request I totally understand about having a Physical disability I have Lymphedema which really affects my mobility I have horrible balance and walking more is something I am working on myself.

This is my 2nd go at losing a lot of weight I did it 10 years ago losing almost 400 pounds and then I stopped letting myself matter and let all the things that can get in the way of taking care of me happen. I am really working on the mental this time and why it is more comfortable for me to hide behind weight.

Looking forward to getting to know you and we can do this :)

WOW You once lost 400 pounds that is Fantastic. I accepted the friends request and look forward to getting to know you, how you lost so much weight and hopefully support each other on our journey. This is like my 20th attempt at trying to get this weight off. It is this Year's New Year resolution and I hope to be below 250 by Jan 24 2014 in time for my 58th Birthday