Flounder Recipes?

Options
I'm learning to eat fish...I've made several different salmon dishes and have decided to get flounder to try a different fish. Now I can't find very many good recipes. Any ideas?

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had some at Red Lobster (hope I'm not fibbing) And I think all they did was broil it with a little olive oil and some pepper and salt. I can do without the salt myself, but it was tasty. Pair it with some veggies like steamed carrots and cauliflower.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    I love finding recipes on cookinglight.com! :smile: A lot of the dishes are rated and people list recommendations to modify the recipes in the reviews, too. I've had lots and lots of great dishes and baked goods from it, many of which were fish! I also like recipes from oxygenmag.com. Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I like doing flounder with just a little bit of paprika and pepper. Bake it in the oven on 350 and just watch it. It should take about 20 minutes, then once it comes out, spritz it with some lemon juice. :) I loooove fish.
  • Pam903
    Pam903 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like to use my favorite spices, like garlic, paprika, onion, salt & pepper, or sometimes Cajun spices and then just sear it in olive oil in a heavy pan, then make a salsa with corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, etc to go on top. Lots of flavor, but not many calories. Works with any light fish fillets.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had flounder the other night and the sauce that I whipped up made it! It had 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard and 1/2 -1 tablespoons miracle whip or lite dressing and a sprinkle of dill. The sauce made the fish super creamy and good I feel like the kind of mustard used makes all of the difference. :flowerforyou:
  • msladyface
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I mixed up some spices (garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, ground pepper, onion powder, and red pepper) with some whole wheat flour, dipped the fish in some egg whites and then into the flour mixture - and did it up in my grilling pan with a little olive oil. It turned out really great. :) Thanks again for the suggestions - I think I'm going to try the mustard one this week!