FAT SICK AND NEARLY DEAD......

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ If you haven't started you totally should!!!

Do you juice? I do and I'm currently on my own challenge with juicing!!

I'm looking for more people who do it, who are just starting out and even some would love to challenge each other. we can all support one another and yes even be the fire under each others *kitten* !!

You got a juicing recipe, we would LOVE for you to share it...

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Loads of topics on this already, been covered ad finitum, just need to use the search button to find said topics :)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Red Delicious apples
    Carrots
    Beets
    Spinach
    Parsley

and one of the following:
    Ginger root
    Basil
    Mint
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    ehh, I still like berry smoothies better. I'm pretty sure those juices would just make me puke. I'm not a big fan of mixing vegetables and fruits together and an extremely picky eater.
  • Topher1978
    ehh, I still like berry smoothies better. I'm pretty sure those juices would just make me puke. I'm not a big fan of mixing vegetables and fruits together and an extremely picky eater.
    I love to juice veggies and make smoothies with fruit!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm not a juicer, but I do make protein smoothies with beet, spinach, berries, pineapple, banana and papaya.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I would much rather eat the entire fruits and vegetables, and get all the benefits of them, rather than pulverize them in a juicer and lose all the fiber, most of the nutrients, and just end up with a giant glass of pure concentrated sugar...

At least use a blender, so you don't lose anything, but really, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is just a very long, extended advertisement for that particular juicer he used. It's just an infomercial. There are much better, healthier, and more effective ways to do what he did, it's just that the juicer company paid him a bunch of money to juice instead.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Juice counts as one serving a day regardless of how much you drink. Blending into soups or smoothies make more sense.
  • Topher1978
    Juice counts as one serving a day regardless of how much you drink. Blending into soups or smoothies make more sense.
    Each 8 oz is a serving. I used to have 3-5 a day (not as a fast) and it was awesome.
  • MistleToeSter
    MistleToeSter Posts: 30 Member
    I am on the FSND diet since July 1. Started at 185 and am now 161. I have only a few lbs left to lose. After the first week, it is really rather easy.

I don't eat the greens rather than juicing (you can do that if you wish) simply because I cannot eat all that food, 2 lbs of kale, 4 cucumbers, 8 apples, bunch of celery, 2 lemons, ginger every day.

Have you ever *** SEEN *** 2 lbs of kale?

It is a diet used by Dr. Joel Fuhrman for his patients, some who are morbidly obese. It is about 1100 calories a day, deficient only in fat. Anyone have a problem with that?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    I would much rather eat the entire fruits and vegetables, and get all the benefits of them, rather than pulverize them in a juicer and lose all the fiber, most of the nutrients, and just end up with a giant glass of pure concentrated sugar...

At least use a blender, so you don't lose anything, but really, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is just a very long, extended advertisement for that particular juicer he used. It's just an infomercial. There are much better, healthier, and more effective ways to do what he did, it's just that the juicer company paid him a bunch of money to juice instead.

QFT
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member

??????? So if I drank a gallon a day that's only one serving? :huh: :huh: