Opinions on this workout? (men please, but women feel free)

Options
2»

Replies

• jedigrover
    jedigrover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1st - anything is better than nothing. If this is what gets him moving, then so be it.

2nd - that workout was probably designed by a trainer for that celebrity specifically--to get him where he wants / needs to go from where he is at present. I'd also note that nothing is said of how strong of bands are being used etc.

I'd recommend a simple, no-nonsense weight-lifting regimen with appropriate eating. Something like Stronglifts 5x5 (google it) if you have access to (or room and budget for) a power rack and olympic barbell.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Get him to get his diet in check. Pick up a viable bodyweight workout that hits your entire body and not just glamour spots, and see if he'll consider doing DB or Barbell work.

You don't suddenly get big overnight, I'm not sure why people get so worried about it like if they touch a weight it'll set off an uncontrollable chain reaction that CANNOT be reversed and CANNOT be contained!

Synthol+++aaa
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Looking at the guy who supposedly does it - I can believe that it is all he does to be honest.

A good all over body weights programme is likely to be more effective though, but the main piece of the jigsaw is nutrition. He needs to eat enough to get bigger.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    At 6'1", 165 lbs, I can imagine how skinny he is. He should go on a bulk, and lift heavy to gain some muscle mass.