Hi - I'm new to MFP

Options
Hi. This is the beginning of my 3rd week. I have lost about 6 pounds so far just by walking almost every day and watching my calorie intake. I'm still trying. It is really difficult. My goal is to reach 130-135 by the 1st part of June. I am really uncomfortable with myself right now. My self esteem is down. I have no motivation. I am the largest I have ever been. I have a cheerleading team at home but it just doesn't seem to be enough to get me really going and off and running. I'm hoping reading all these success stories and others who are in the same position I am in will help encourage me to keep trying and not give up. ANY advise or suggestions are welcome. I am getting discouraged because I weigh myself and I have lost weight and I go in a couple days later and I have put it back on. Don't know if its the scales or something I'm doing to put the weight back on. So again, any encouragement or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• adriennetara
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to MFP, and I officially started my diet and exercise regimen today! But please know that you CAN DO THIS!! I am also very very very unmotivated and honestly, im extremely lazy. But, with the support here at MFP, i know i can do this, and so can YOU!! if you ever need someone to talk to about your journey, I'm here, I'm actually doing it with you! so, YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is an amazing site with amazing people. I think you both find the inspiration and motivation you are looking for.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You'll get lots of support and motivation here. As for your up and down weight, I have the same problem. Take a look at your sodium intake. That is my major problem. Way too much sodium and then I'm retaining water. :grumble: Good luck and have fun on your journey.
  • meandmy2dollies
    meandmy2dollies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is just amazing!!!! I have already received more encouragement than I thought a person could from complete strangers. It's nice to know that there are people out there who really care.
    Can anyone recommend a good work out that I could do 2 or 3 times a week in the evenings? I commute 34 miles 1 way every day. I am up and out of the house by 6 and usually get home by 5 unless I have something to do. I just can't find a work out that I like. I want to burn the calories as well as get rid of a stupid belly that I have. And then of course losing weight in my legs, butt and arms would be nice too. Thanks!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!! :happy: