fitness competition?

acureese
acureese Posts: 169
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi! :smile: I'm thinking of starting to train for a fitness competition and was wondering if anyone else is training for one at the moment? I'm a gym rat and love training, but have mainly done races like half marathons/half ironmans recreationally in the past...I enjoyed them and was going to train for another, but really love lifting and want to try something new. Just wanted to see if anyone else out there is into the same thing! :happy:

Replies

• tan2nv
    tan2nv Posts: 2
    wish i was cuz when i did i was supr fit!!! good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It sounds like fun! How would I find something like that in my area?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Hey ladies check out Figure Athlete, its a website entirely dedicated to female fitnes competitors and body builders, and it usually has some pretty great advice =)

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/features/the_figure_athlete

They are a littttle eensy bit intense though, just a warning =p
  • acureese
    thanks tan2nv! thanks for the site info pkgirrl! :smile:
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    figureathelete is a great website, look for articles on training written by "wetwolf" (jeff Kuhn)
    www.bodysport.com is owned by a competiter Ana Tigre, she's very sweet and helpful
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    I have a few friends here who train girls for figure competitions. I wanted to do one and was going to start training when I found out I was pregnant with my first.. baby, then gave birth to my second 20 months after my first was born. I'm almost to my goal. We'll see... I may want to try it again.

I say go for it!! What a great accomplishment!
  • acureese
    thank you ladies for the info and your support!! :flowerforyou: If anyone feels like training for one let me know!:wink:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    thank you ladies for the info and your support!! :flowerforyou: If anyone feels like training for one let me know!:wink:

I don't see it as training, it's a lifestyle that you lead, i've been doing it for years now and you live this day in day out, I spend 3-4 hours a days in the gym every single day, no real true rest days, there's always something that can be worked, even if it's a few hours of pilates..., my diet is ultra strict, and the judges are brutally honest and will attack your self esteem like you will not believe...on the up side it's a ton of fun, you can make money, and the travellig is the best part.
  • lvfunandfit
    Oh, a lot can change in a month! I'm now very interested in doing a figure competition. I'm meeting with a trainer next week who is going to evaluate me and get me set up. I'm a trainer as well.... but I can't train myself another trainer could.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    bringing up an old thread!!

I'm training for my First on March 19th! :) 10 weeks out and my trainer thinks I can still loose my 35lbs that I need to drop before the competition haha :P We'll see, was going to do Figure but if I'm still a little soft might just place myself in the Bikini catagory.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    I totally love this brutal honesty!...
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member

I don't see it as training, it's a lifestyle that you lead, i've been doing it for years now and you live this day in day out, I spend 3-4 hours a days in the gym every single day, no real true rest days, there's always something that can be worked, even if it's a few hours of pilates..., my diet is ultra strict, and the judges are brutally honest and will attack your self esteem like you will not believe...on the up side it's a ton of fun, you can make money, and the travellig is the best part.

I do love this post...! Tellin' how it really is...It's a lifestyle...not just a fad for now ... :)
  • lvfunandfit
    I wasn't able to do the figure competition over the summer because we moved from LV to TX. I'm back down to 13.8% body fat though and I'm ready to train for a competition. Who all is doing one this year?
This discussion has been closed.