I want to cry and pack it all in so not fair

Options
So annoyed....Weighed in this morning and I have gained 2lbs in a week...WTF...I have been eating good and exercising everyday. I want to cry.....

Replies

• Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you havent exercised much before maybe its muscle, how long have you been working out for?
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I felt the same. I had reduced cals to 1200 and started working out and I GAINED! Some pros suggested I up my intake so I changed my goal to 1 lb a week from 2lb a week. I totally didnt think it would work but I lost the 5 lbs I gain plus one in about a week! If you dont have a huge amount to lose then 1 lb a week is better for you I think. It worked for me anyway. Also, we are women and we hold more wate than men. I can gian/lose in a day. Keep your head up! you are beautiful!
  • katisere
    katisere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30 days shred and been walking loads too. I think I may up my food intake, I don't think I have been eating enough. Might raise it to 1500 a day from 1200 and see how I get on doing that.
    Its just so frustrating I thought I would have lost 2lbs not gained. Arrrghhhh this process is really confusing
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you havent exercised much before maybe its muscle, how long have you been working out for?

No it's not muscle.

How much are you eating and what sort of exercise are you doing?

It is most likely water weight Body weight naturally fluctuates day to day. If you are eating at a deficit you'll still be losing fat so dont let the scale discourage you.
  • katisere
    katisere Posts: 34 Member
    Options

No it's not muscle.

It is most likely water weight Body weight naturally fluctuates day to day. If you are eating at a deficit you'll still be losing fat so dont let the scale discourage you.

I am eating around 1200 calories a day, and some days I might eat back about 100 of calories burnt. I do 30 days shred and walking almost everyday. I have noticed my legs are more toned and can see the muscles defining more in my legs. I drink about 2L of water a day.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I agree with increasing your calories while doing the 30DS. The 300 calorie difference will decrease the stress on your body and give you more energy to work with. It is a hard work out.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That happened to me last week, although it was 4 lbs for me. I think its the exercise part because that was the only thing I increased. This week I lost those 4 lbs plus 1 more pound, so don't give up. It will happen!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

No it's not muscle.

I am eating around 1200 calories a day, and some days I might eat back about 100 of calories burnt. I do 30 days shred and walking almost everyday. I have noticed my legs are more toned and can see the muscles defining more in my legs. I drink about 2L of water a day.

You dont know what you are doing.

Do this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

PM me any Qs.

PS: my body fluctuates up to 9lbs per day due to fluid and eating habits.
    My body weight drops every week while cutting.

This is proof that 1200 cals doesnt work if you dont know what you are doing.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just keep going... make sure you're eating enough - if you keep your healthy habits up it will happen, but not overnight... but it WILL happen! Happy Friday - enjoy your weekend... Maybe take the weekend off and re-start Monday.
    i could never do 1200 calories, and if you're exercising hard it's hard to see how you'd be able to fuel your workouts unless you are eating extremely strictly - even then I know I couldn't do it.

Good luck!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    On a slightly different tack - don't pack it in. You'll have wasted any progress you will have made so far. Keep at it - the time will pass anyway.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30 days shred and been walking loads too. I think I may up my food intake, I don't think I have been eating enough. Might raise it to 1500 a day from 1200 and see how I get on doing that.
    Its just so frustrating I thought I would have lost 2lbs not gained. Arrrghhhh this process is really confusing

I don't know what your current weight is, but I think you should up your calorie intake. Drink lots of water. Make sure you are eating with a half hour of doing the "Shred". Your muscles need protein!! Make sure you have taking measurements and pictures!!!

You can do this. Don't give up!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Try starting here for some AMAZING info/help that has worked magic for me, but this guy put it ll in one place:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/848374-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners-2013-edition?page=3

Best of luck! C.

PS - listen to Helloitsdan - his IPOARM is right on!!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    1. DON'T GIVE UP.
    2. Listen to Dan.
    3. Nice polka-dot socks!
  • schparks
    schparks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hide your scale for a month and start taking measurements. It's amazing how you can shrink without that silly number budging.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Exercise causes the muscles to retain water, and that's a good thing. Don't be discouraged, stick with the exercise and healthy diet, and you should start to see the weight coming off consistently.

Also look for changes in how your clothes fit, if they feel looser than before then you've lost fat, no matter what the scale says. Track inches as well as weight. Remember that what you want to lose is FAT. When you exercise, your muscles get stronger and your bones may get denser too, this may result in the scale staying the same sometimes as you lose fat, which is why focusing on inches is important as well. Loss of inches = loss of fat.

Also bear in mind that the amount of water in your body goes up and down a lot on a daily basis. Fat is gained and lost slowly. A 2lb increase on the scale in a day or two will be water weight, not fat (unless you went on a mega binge in krispy kreme or something, you need to eat 3500 calories more than you burn off to gain just 1lb of fat.... gaining 2lb of fat overnight is extremely difficult!)
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

No it's not muscle.

^this most likely.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1. DON'T GIVE UP.
    2. Listen to Dan.
    3. Nice polka-dot socks!

^^^^ this

although I missed the socks...
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    honey, 2lbs is easily salt or bloating from many different reasons. Is your period soon? Are you stressed? Did you eat some processed foods in the last 48 hrs. My suggestion is to drink water like you are dying of thirst for the next 24-48, then step on the scale again. Its amazing how much salt is in processed foods, even things that look healthy.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    For sure don't pack it in. You can do this. Definitely take measurements, if you are able to visually see toning as you are, your weight may be moving from unhealthy to healthier increased muscle mass. I weigh/log it every morning so I can see trends. Some days up, some days down. If I only weighed 1 time a week and did it on a "heavy" day, it would frustrate me for the week as well.
  • Sindaelys
    Sindaelys Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There are SO many things that can make us ladies gain two pounds... For me it's usually hormones and what I eat. I gained two pounds from drinking a beer! But I ate well and skipped the beer the next day, and it was gone! Follow the "in place of a road map" link, keep kicking butt with the exercise, and try not to worry about the scale so much (difficult, I know!) It'll be easier once you start seeing the results from the shred though, I think.