Company's coming!

Options
moooveitgen
moooveitgen Posts: 15 Member
Ok, I have company coming over Sunday for lunch, need ideas....anybody???? Help...

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Light lunch . . . BLTs, diamond-quartered, frilly toothpicked, on a platter.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Fruit Salad
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    roast dinner. when we have lots of family i usually do a roast chicken, easy and plenty to go round!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    How many? I like making stuffed peppers for appetizers. Thy can be really healthy if you choose good things to stuff them with. Spinach and Mozzarella stuffed baby peppers are yummy :)

Greek salad with grilled lemon chicken slices on top.

Mandarin salad with tofu or chicken

open face sandwiches with sprouts, cucumber, red onion (not typical meat and cheese).

eggplants sliced and baked with pizza toppings like mini pizzas.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Homemade fajitas (made that a few days ago...awesome) and brown rice on the side, etc.
    Lean ground beef mixed with lean ground turkey MEATLOAF (they won't know the difference)
    Homemade sloppy joes (I made mine with turkey and beef)... put on 100% wheat buns
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

What time should I arrive?
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Go to Cooking Light's website, they have a HUGE database of recipes that are light on calories and fat but taste just like a regular fully indulgent meal. You can search for recipes based on igredients, they seriously have any comfort food you can think of lightened up. This is pretty much my go to for any holiday or entertaining I do, people that do not watch what they eat have no idea they are eating healthier either.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

See?! Although I guess this also proves you have to cook around your guests. Mostly dudes? Bacon. Mostly chicks? Stuffed peppers or whatever. :wink:
  • moooveitgen
    moooveitgen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Parents. Thanks for all the ideas. I checked out the Cooking Light site and think I'm going to make a Chicken Salad. Happy Friday all.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It's winter, I like to make pots of soup or chili for company when it's cold. Very comforting and you can make it heathly without picky eaters noticing. Not that your guests are picky.....:)
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

See?! Although I guess this also proves you have to cook around your guests. Mostly dudes? Bacon. Mostly chicks? Stuffed peppers or whatever. :wink:

Everyone loves bacon, even chicks!

Chicken salad sounds really good, op.