Scales!

sonia2003
sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi !

I was just wondering what type of scale is best for accurate weight? On my home scale, it shows me at 5 pounds heavier, which I did not realise until yesterday. On the wii fit, it shows me as 10 pounds less than my home scale, and a digital scale shows me as 5 pounds more than the wii fit! My sister swears by the wii fit scale as matching her dr's scale but..I just wanted to see what everyone else found as the most accurate??

Thanks!

Sonia

Replies

• thebighungarian
    thebighungarian Posts: 3 Member
    what ever scale you start with finish with, keep to the same scale. that would be the most accurate one for you
    every scale seems to weigh different no matter what scale you use
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    I don't know which is the best scale to weigh on, but I just weigh on the same scale, at the same time, on the same day of the week each time. That's how I judge my weight loss. I want to lose enough, so that when I go back to my doctor in the near future she will SEE the difference regardless what her scale says!! :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    They're all going to vary. My cheap digitial scales seem to be very accurate. The most important thing is to stick to the same set of scales- that's the only way to really judge how much weight you've lost. It may be tempting to go with the smaller number, but stick with the scales you started with.
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Thanks so much. I just placed a 5 pound weight on my scale and it came up as 10 pounds so I know for sure that my old home scale is definitely not right. I will probably buy a digital scale and use that as it would be nice to see weight even in 0.5 increments! I know that people have been telling me I lost weight, but I am so focused on the scale and unless the scale tells me I am down, I usually dont believe it! I know thats not how it should be, but it is for me, and I rely on that number.

Thanks so much for your input!
This discussion has been closed.