Staying away from Pop and Candy

Options
My name is Joe and I am not new to MFP however there are times that I want to have that pop or some candy. You see for my job I am on the road alot and so it seems to be easy for me to just go in and grab something now of course I could look at this from the money aspect and not try to spend any however I have those cravings ever so often. I need encouragement and I need someone to help me out. I am currently trying to lose weight and eventually get back to around 170 as I am currently 218. The 170 was back when I was in high school and currently I am healthy except for the weight. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I love sweets more than any other food. MT. Dew and a Payday and I'm in Heaven...lol. I also drive all day long and am used to stopping at a gas station and filling up the truck and my fat gut. I've been doing good though, now I just dont go inside or just go in to pee and right back out. Fruit, water and a slim fast shake every now and then curb my cravings. I need to lose 85 more pounds(down 3 so far). If I can help just let me know.
  • jseekief12
    Options
    thank you for your encouragement I will remember that the next time I have to stop at a gas station and to only fill up the car and also bathroom break unless of course I am buying a WATER. I will keep in touch.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You could try taking some sweet snacks on the road....try making almond butter and date balls, or take some dried fruit with you :)

For almond and date balls, throw some almond butter and stoned dates in the food processor, blend and roll into balls....you can also add some cocoa for chocolateyness. x