frozen or fresh

Options
I have been buying frozen chicken and fish. is that ok? should i only be buying fresh?

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I also sometimes eat frozen fish, but once you buy the fresh stuff you can tell a difference in the taste, where you don't want to go back to frozen. Although I have never eaten frozen chicken before.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    ...all I can afford is frozen chicken. lol

Cheaper to buy the big bags of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts where I live!

Can't help you on fish, I don't eat it.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Buy what you can get/afford!

I prefer the taste/texture of fresh fish & meat, but can't afford to feed a family of four on free range organic meat. We just have to eat within our budget.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My only recommendation is to try and buy the frozen fish fillets that are individually vacuum sealed. It will have a taste and texture as close to fresh as you can get.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There are no health differences in one or the other. If it works for you, then that is awesome. Sometimes there can be a difference in texture and/or taste, but whatever. If you live inland, the only kind of fish you can get has been frozen at some point. the best quality meats and fish, health wise, are grass-fed, wild-caught, free-roaming, not corn-fed, and antibiotic and hormone free. In other words, if the animal lead a healthy life and consumed healthy things, its better for you.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I do both, it's a matter of price and convience.