After losing 24 lbs, I'm stucked!!!!

Options
I joined today after our bootcamp trained "harrased" us to do it. I'm glad I did. It's easy and so eye opening!!! I've lost 24 lbs in 7 months, doing bootcamp 4-5 times a week and eliminating some bad stuff like soda, white bread and fried food. But I've been stucked for about 2 months, not losing a single pound!!! Now I may know why, every little thing you put in your mouth counts. This program makes me aware of that. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to conquer those last 10 pounds.

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Welcome along!! I'm fairly new to this site myself and just getting used to logging every single thing I eat. Well done on losing 24lbs so far :)
  • termura
    termura Posts: 2
    Options
    I know what you mean about the last 10 pounds. Why is it so hard to lose? I feel like it's stuck on my body and doesn't want to budge. I would love to hear if anyone has some good ideas for us.
  • mbkfireman
    Options
    Yeah I'm also finding myself losing my drive now that I'm close. In fact I think if I wasn't still logging all of my food still I may have slipped.
  • wilmacolon
    Options
    Staying motivated is definitely the hardest thing at this stage; not seeing results definitely makes you question all the hard work. I get up at 5:30 a.m. every morning to do bootcamp 6-7 a.m. Lately, I've skipped days here and I'm having a hard time staying motivated. But I guess if I stop, the weight will come back; so I guess not losing weight is still better than gaining lbs!!!!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    24 lbs. is awesome!! It may be time to switch things up a bit if you've noticed the weight isn't coming off any more. Our bodies adapt after so long of doing the same things over again. You want to progress....is your trainer for the boot camp incorporating new exercises or adding weights, etc.? It sounds like you know why the pounds are coming off like they should though. Every little calorie counts! But if you burn more than you consume, you should start to lose again.

It's great that you've already eliminated soda, fried foods, and white bread. That's very difficult for a lot of people! Good for you!! Also try to stop eating at least 2-3 hrs. before you go to bed at night. If you get really hungry, then have a cup of hot decaf tea. My fav right now is Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile - no sugar or sweetener needed! Relaxes me right before bed and I've been sleeping like a baby!

Hang in there and keep tracking those calories. You can do it!!!! Congrats on losing 24 pounds so far! That's excellent!!

Tina