St Pattys Day Pledge

Fuhgeddaboudit
Fuhgeddaboudit Posts: 88
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I solemnly swear that on this St Pattys Day 3/17/2010

I will not overdo with with the corned beef

I will only drink one or two Bud LIGHTS max

The soda bread will remain untouched

And that I will carry this pledge through the weekend and every other time the leftovers are reheated.

--feel free to add :drinker:

Replies

• cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    That sounds like a great idea, although i should of done that last weekend when i had my corned beef and beer, so i pleadge to do better from here on out
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I solemnly swear that I will eat a ton of corned beef, several pounds of cabbage, and a significant quantity of potatoes (w/sour cream).

Furthermore, I will enjoy Guinness, Extra stout, thank you. And perhaps a little Bailey's. I will have several, and I will not care.

If I should fall, (and let's face it, I just might),,, I may get up. Or not. :laugh:

I understand that I will take in a few thousand calories too much. I may therefore legitimately gain 1/2 a pound. I further understand that my body will howl in protest and retain several pounds of water. I will therefore weigh 2/3/4 pounds more than I ought'a come thursday morning. I promise not to come here crying the blues about it.

So - it's Saint Patty's day, Let's us eat and drink and be merry. :drinker:
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Thank you CasperO. That is how I feel and exactly what I am going to do. :bigsmile:
  • I'll be drinking green tea instead of green beer this year!! :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I solemnly swear that I will eat a ton of corned beef, several pounds of cabbage, and a significant quantity of potatoes (w/sour cream).

Furthermore, I will enjoy Guinness, Extra stout, thank you. And perhaps a little Bailey's. I will have several, and I will not care.

If I should fall, (and let's face it, I just might),,, I may get up. Or not. :laugh:

I understand that I will take in a few thousand calories too much. I may therefore legitimately gain 1/2 a pound. I further understand that my body will howl in protest and retain several pounds of water. I will therefore weigh 2/3/4 pounds more than I ought'a come thursday morning. I promise not to come here crying the blues about it.

So - it's Saint Patty's day, Let's us eat and drink and be merry. :drinker:

I would be the same way...minus the corned beef, except that I gave up alcohol for Lent...no Guiness this year. :sad:
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    I pledge to be as good as I can be tomorrow at the parade in town, hehe. Love love love soda bread.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    I am going to skip the potato and have extra corned beef with my cabbage for 3 days staright until it is gone and I will weigh in 1 lb lighter than last week.

It's my favorite food in the world.

Besides veal parmigana.

And sushi.

And twice baked potatoes.

With bacon.

PS- You all reminded me that I need to log tomorrow's meals today, starting at dinner first.

It's looking real good for me, if I dont drink I will take that potato after all.
  • well, i tried!

cheers! :drinker:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Im with CasperO on this one!~!~!>... i am in germany and have no one to celebrate with.... but mybe my puupy and a bottle of wine will be good enough!~!~!..... eat drink and be merrry!~! (just do more situps tommorrow)
  • defcon4
    defcon4 Posts: 11 Member
    A good drink that will give you a fairly good buzz that is low in calories is belvedere vodka and sprite zero. Recommended by Chelsea Handler from Chelsea Lately on E! LOL!
  • h3ktlk
    h3ktlk Posts: 38 Member
    If theres one day i do not stick to my routine, it twas last weekend.... St Pattys day, the best time of the year~!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    i pledge to join casper but 24 hrs later. St paddy's day for me is postponed till tomorrow night when i don't have safety critical work at 5am in the morning. Then its pretty much anything goes with a lot of dancing to countbalance the beerios
    woop
    Ben
This discussion has been closed.