Evaluations please...

Options
I need help with what is going wrong with my weight loss.

I need to lose 4-5 lbs. I know the fall back saying will be "that's the hardest to lose"...but I would like you to evaluate what I am doing and give suggestions....

Meals:
Breakfast:Protein Smoothie (1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 scoop Body Fortress Protein powder, 1/2 skim milk, 1/2 banana)
Lunch: 4 pieces low fat string cheese, apple, low fat turkey
Snacks: 15 almonds, Pure Protein Bar (200 cals)
Dinner: chicken, turkey, eggs, protein smoothie

I do drink a couple Caffiene Free Diet Pepsi's each day...but virtually no junk food...maybe some flavored rice cakes...but that's it

I try to stay in the 1300-1400 cal/day range

I exercise 45-60 min a day -6 days/week (P90X, Asylum, Insanity, Les Mills Combat, TurboFire)

This is an honest summary of what I do...any suggestions for improvements/changes is welcome
thanks!

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

or search "in place of a road map" on here

I find the scoobys calculator got me the same info as the roadmap

You might not be eating enough. Check it out and see
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your also eating a lot of protein which keeps your "muscle weight" high. My sister is really small and had the same problem as you. She ended up running to get the extra weight off but she lost some of her shape because she leaned out. My other friend added daily walks to her routine during lunch's and then finial she shed those last lbs. So you could do a combo of any of those things. I'm no expert but I'd say try working out a little bit more throughout the day. Nothin crazy but every little bit helps.
  • flibertyjibet
    flibertyjibet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    With a diet like that you are getting far too much protein (even if you were an athelete that is too much protein) try adding some veggies instead of all those meats at dinner. Your body has a limit to how much protein it can absorb and use so eating more protein than you need is just wasted calories. Plus, if you are working out that much and not getting some veggies in you are probably running low on biotin, pantothenic acid, vit C, vit K, potassium and calcium. Try adding some more variety into your diet.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies so far.

I have a hard time with low blood sugar, so that is why I concentrate on protein to try and keep it leveled out.
    If I were lean and not flabby around the middle, I really wouldn't be concerned about the weight...trying to lean out and lose the flab around the middle!