i don't know why i weigh the same but i'll keep pushing

Options
hi everyone, my name is Ebele. i've been on my fitnesspal for 25 days now. i started at 100kg and desire to lose about 30kg. now i'm supposed to consume about 1200kcal a day of which i consume between 1100-1300. i exercise 5 times a week for about 45-90mins per day. lo and behold, i checked my weight and i still weigh 100kg! i'm like WTF??? i am down by 1 belt hole, my arms look thinner and my face is not as bulky as it was. can someone tell me what i am doing wrong or advice me on what to do or encourage me nonetheless??? i feel like almost 1 month of my hardwork hasn't pulled off. however i'll still keep pushing and weigh myself at the end of february. thanks

Replies

• ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are down 1 belt hole so things are getting better.
    I'm having the same problem right now.
    I lost 15 pounds pretty fast then I stalled.
    However my clothes are looser and I am down a notch on my belt.
    Keep at it, the scale cannot win forever.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No expert but I am pretty in tuned what happens to me. I exercised hard for 6 weeks in a row but saw no dropping of weight. I did see that my saggy spots were no longer saggy. People said I was trimming down too. Low and behold in another week the weight started shedding fast. I surmised that the body was just replacing fat with muscle at first and then finally my Base Metabolism Rate had risen to now I was burning fat even without exercising.

Sounds like you are doing fine. The belt loop test is what you are after. The scale is overrated and is just a vanity thing. BTW, don't forget to have a rest day. That alone is a huge factor in weight loss. Repairing muscles burns energy.
  • IndigoLightbody
    Options
    Hi Ebele:
    Generally the first 10 pounds is water loss ~ if your body is holding on to water it can be very difficult to lose any weight. The body holds on to water for several reasons. Here are a few....
    1. When a person doesn't consume enough water (that's one of the biggest reasons). It's a safety precaution that our bodies are equiped with. As soon as you start drinking lots of water (the best ratio is to divide your body weight in half and turn that in to ounces - first you have to convert your weight to pounds (Kilo's X 2.2) - so for example: If you weigh 220 pounds you divide that by 2 = 110 then you divide that by 8 (because there are 8 ounces in 1 cup) and that equals 13.75 which means you should strive for at least 13 cups of water a day). The less you weigh, the less water you need to drink so it's important to do the calculations whenever the weight fluctuates. When your body receives enough water, it will begin to start flushing the system and it will release the water it is holding on to and then you will lose weight. You may notice alot of diet books and information always say that drinking lots of water helps with weight loss - but those sources never seem to give you an explanation why - here is that explanation :wink: .
    2. If you consume too much salt, the body will also retain water ~ there is salt in pretty much everything and I highly recommend staying away from sodium salt (basic table salt), it doesn't have any of the minerals in it that the body needs except sodium and the body gets natural sodium from vegetables so if you eat your vegetables you will get enough sodium. Celtic Sea Salt and Himalyan salt are the best choices - they contain the perfect ratio of the 84 minerals that the body needs. Any other kind of sea salt would be the second choice as long as it isn't bought from a regular grocery store - stick to health food store quality. That doesn't mean you should consume lots of salt and even if you are consuming the "good"kinds of salt, if you are consuming too much the body will still retain water - so it's important to pay attention to the sodium levels you are consuming in a day. :smile:
    3. Too much cooked food will also contribute to water retention. The more live enzymes you consume, the more the body functions optimally and flushes out toxins (and fat). There are no live enzymes in cooked food. I recommend learning all you can about alkalizing the body - when the body is too acidic, it will retain water (another safety precaution it automaticaly does). There is a great book out there called Alkalize or Die - written by Theodore Baroody that is full of information about alkalizing the body and why. You can buy pH strips and test your acid/alkaline levels (which is a great idea to help you keep an eye on things).

Don't get discouraged, there's so much to learn about this stuff. I struggles with weight my whole life and went on pretty much every diet that ever came out. I stopped all of that stuff and started educating myself, taking courses and learning whatever I could about nutrition and it's effects on the body. I am now a certified colon hydrotherapist and nutritionist and I am still learning. I will add that Colon Hydrotherapy is an amazing way of getting the "old stuff" out of the body so that the walls of the colon are free to absorb all of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the foods we eat. That is when the cells will be satiated with good-ness and that is when you will need less foods to fill you up :wink:

I do realize there is so much information available out there and it gets overwhelming sometimes and you don't know who or what to listen to but the best advice I can give is this: Everyone is at different level of health and learning and just be open to the idea that you will manifest what works for you. You will draw that information into your existence when you align with what will work. Trust your own guidance system :wink:

Take Care of yourself and good luck with everything :smile: