Potato! What do you make?

Options
AngNY
AngNY Posts: 193
Anyone have any good potato recipes to share? :)

Replies

• F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potato and spinach bake (can use white potatoes too)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1089637/sweet-potato-and-spinach-bake

I sub the cream for low fat creme fraiche

The husband loves it too
  • Lillypearl62
    Lillypearl62 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe from Skinnytaste.com last Sunday. It was really delicious, easy and fast. The picture did not paste in so here is the link to the website recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/broccoli-and-cheese-twice-baked-potatoes.html

Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes

These cheesy twice baked potatoes were first cooked in the microwave (you can of course bake them), then scooped out and mashed with cooked cauliflower, buttermilk and cheese. Then they went back into the shells and topped with steamed broccoli and more cheese, delicious!

Kid-friendly, vegetarian, gluten-free and simple to make. This took under 30 minutes to make, you can easily prepare them ahead and heat just before serving. I served them with Garlic Lover's Roast Beef and I had one happy family!

For those of you on Weight Watchers, these are 3 points plus per serving. You can easily halve this recipe to make less.

Twice Baked Super Stuffed Cheesy Potatoes
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 • Size: 1/2 loaded potato • Old Pts: 3 pts • Weight Watchers Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 146.5 • Fat: 3.5 g • Protein: 8 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 1.5 g
    Sodium: 152.5 mg (without the salt)

Ingredients:
    • (18 oz) 4 medium russet potatoes
    • salt and pepper, to taste
    • 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
    • 2 cups chopped cauliflower
    • 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
    • 1 tbsp minced chives (optional)
    • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:

Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork. Place in the microwave and use your baked potato setting until the potatoes are cooked through, turning half way. (Or you can bake 1 hour in your oven at 425° F)

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cauliflower and broccoli with a little salted water and cook, covered for about 3 minutes. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside, continue cooking the cauliflower until soft, about 5 more minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the flesh out into the large bowl with the cauliflower, leaving a ¼" shell. Place the potato shells on a baking sheet.
    Mash the flesh with a potato masher or puree with a hand blender along with the cauliflower. Add the buttermilk and salt, mash until smooth. Fold in half of the shredded cheddar (and chives if desired).

Spoon the potato/cauliflower mixture back into the shells. Top with the cooked broccoli (I just inserted them in) and remaining cheese on top. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. (you can also microwave it for a few minutes if you prefer not to use the oven)
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes topped with fresh diced tomatoes and salt, mmmm

I chop them up with peppers, onions, and a bit of turkey sausage for breakfast burritos on weekends

Mashed potatoes

Dice, toss in olive oil, top with Slap your Momma seasoning, and roast in oven

Potato pancakes, mmmmmm
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    These all sound supeeeeer yummy!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on Pinterest for the most yummy baked French Fries! They are super delcious and help prevent me from running to a fast food restaurant whenever I have a french fry craving!

DIRECT COPY/PASTE FROM PINTEREST (http://playwithsugar.blogspot.com/2009/07/oven-baked-parmesan-seasoned-fries.html):

Ingredients:

1 pound of medium russet potatoes (approx 3 medium potatoes)
    1 1/2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
    1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
    1/8 tsp Dried Rosemary
    1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
    1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
    2 TBSP of Kraft Parmesan Style Grated Cheese (I used reduced fat)

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 425.
    *Wash and cut potatoes into 1/8ths.
    *Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil (I used Reynolds Release foil so that they will not stick, but you could also either use non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease the top of the foil with extra virgin olive oil).
    *Mix all of the spices and the parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
    *Place all of the potatoes (remember we are talking about one pound at a time) into a gallon size freezer bag, add olive oil and the parmesan cheese/spice mixture to the bag.
    *Seal the bag and shake until the potatoes are evenly coated.
    *Once thoroughly coated dump onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread in a single layer.
    * Bake 30-45 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown. (Baking times will vary depending on the amount of fries that you make and the size that you cut them). For the ones shown in the picture they were baked at 425 for 45 minutes.

ENJOY!
  • monkeybuddha
    monkeybuddha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Boulangere potatoes are yummy. Just slice your potatoes very thinly and layer them in an ovenproof dish with onions, herbs and anything else you fancy then cover with stock and bake in the oven till the potatoes are nice and tender.