Online Tax Filing??

Options
2»

Replies

• HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Used Turbotax online for the last 5 years and have been very satisfied. Easy to use, good returns.

My husband thought we were getting screwed last year because it wasn't as much return as the previous year, so he made us take all our stuff to H&R Block. They were going to give us about $500 less in refund and charge us about $150 more for services, so we took our stuff and left before they could file.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

It would be better if it mentioned that you can go to irs.gov and select free file and file through the same companies FOR FREE (within income limits, of course)

Totally true! Sadly (or not sadly?) I don't meet those requirements :grumble:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

It would be better if it mentioned that you can go to irs.gov and select free file and file through the same companies FOR FREE (within income limits, of course)

Totally true! Sadly (or not sadly?) I don't meet those requirements :grumble:

You're a 1%er eh? Occupy Wisconsin
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Now that my tax pea are easy, no home, no rental property, no business, yes I'm a ruined man, I use turbo tax. I miss my tax guy. It was fun filing all those deductions and getting 5 figures back from the jerk off govt.
  • DogTrainingGal
    Options
    I live in NY, and last year, the IRS website let you file online using Turbotax for free. It was very easy, and I was able to complete everything on my own, with no former tax-filing experience.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    This year I used Complete Tax, because TT annoyed the hell out of me. They charged me more to upgrade because I sold my house, then told me I didn't have to claim the sale of my house because I didn't actually make any profit. Grrrrr. Complete Tax was much cheaper and easy to use, as well.