Crock Pot recipes needed

Options
dgraboski
dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
Now that I have started my spring semester of school I have three days a week where I am only home 1 hour between work and classes. I need some good low calories crock pot recipes....so please share with me!!

Replies

• AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Interested in this!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    my go to: 2 frozen chicken breasts, 1 cup of salsa, 1 can of black beans, 1 cup of frozen corn, taco seasoning. shred chicken when cooked and then you can add it to what ever you like. i put it on top of brown rice or make enchilada's out of it.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Chili is my go-to Crock Pot recipe. Take 2 cans of beans (whatever kind you like but I recommend a mix of black and pinto), 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes, some lean ground beef, and a packet of chili seasoning. If you want more control over the sodium, ditch the pre-made packet and just compile some spices-- cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc-- to taste. Brown the meat in a skillet (and season it to your liking), then add everything together in the crock pot and leave it on "medium" or "low" (depending on how many settings your crock pot has) for 5-7 hours. Since the meat is cooked it doesn't really need a specific amount of time, but the longer you leave it in the crock pot the more the flavors will soak into the meat and beans, and the beans will get nice and soft. Just be careful not to overfill it, otherwise it can overflow and make quite a mess!

It won't turn out to be super low-calorie once you put cheese on it, but it makes a TON of servings (even if you have a small Crock Pot) and freezes well. Plus it's a very filling and satisfying meal :)

Edit: For spicier chili, add in some canned or fresh jalapeno slices.
    Also, this adds more calories and fat but adding just a little ranch dressing to the beef when you're browning it makes it taste amazing!
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cajun Shrimp and Rice
    Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
    1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 14-ounce can chicken broth
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1 6- to 6-1/4-ounce package long-grain and wild-rice mix, such as Uncle Ben's
    1/4 cup water
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
    1 pound cooked, shelled and deveined shrimp
    Hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Directions:
    1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, onions, bell pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, water, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
    2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
    3. Stir shrimp into rice mixture. Cover; cook for 15 minutes longer at high-heat setting. Sprinkle with hot-pepper sauce if desired.

Nutrition facts per serving: 223 calories, 21g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 2g fat (0g saturated), 3g fiber

YUM! :)
  • dgraboski
    Options
    my go to: 2 frozen chicken breasts, 1 cup of salsa, 1 can of black beans, 1 cup of frozen corn, taco seasoning. shred chicken when cooked and then you can add it to what ever you like. i put it on top of brown rice or make enchilada's out of it.

I made something very similar to this two nights ago it was amazing...got the recipe from skinnytaste.com and it was called crock pot santa fe chicken
  • dgraboski
    Options
    Cajun Shrimp and Rice
    Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
    1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 14-ounce can chicken broth
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1 6- to 6-1/4-ounce package long-grain and wild-rice mix, such as Uncle Ben's
    1/4 cup water
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
    1 pound cooked, shelled and deveined shrimp
    Hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Directions:
    1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, onions, bell pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, water, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
    2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
    3. Stir shrimp into rice mixture. Cover; cook for 15 minutes longer at high-heat setting. Sprinkle with hot-pepper sauce if desired.

Nutrition facts per serving: 223 calories, 21g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 2g fat (0g saturated), 3g fiber

YUM! :)

Sounds delicious thank you :happy:
  • dgraboski
    Options
  • cindykgood
    cindykgood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the calorie count for the frozen chicken breasts and salsa Crock Pot meal?
  • dgraboski
    Options
    Does anyone have the calorie count for the frozen chicken breasts and salsa Crock Pot meal?

This is a very similar recipe to the one you requested calories on...i made it two nights ago was amazing!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bump!