calorie distribution?

Options
I've noticed that i get the least amount of calories in the morning, then gradually increases throughout the day. I'm hitting my calorie goal and all, I was just wondering if it mattered how you distribute your calories throughout the day. Just curious. :-)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It will not affect weight loss only satiety.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's all about what works best for you.

Eat however much you want, at the times you want.
  • kend9998
    kend9998 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    well that's good. i'm glad because it seems like I used to hear that you should eat more calories in the morning. But I'm just not very hungry in the mornings.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    well that's good. i'm glad because it seems like I used to hear that you should eat more calories in the morning. But I'm just not very hungry in the mornings.

In all reality, you do not even have to eat breakfast, pending you are getting all your calories throughout the day.
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall, and 346 lbs.(lost 6 lbs this past week). According to MFP's calorie counter tool,I need to take in 2440 calories a day to lose 2 pounds per week.

For the first few days, I was hungry and thought I would be craving food,etc, but my appetite has now shut down,and I eat not because I am really hungry, but because I know I have to.

I am struggling to even eat 2400 calories a day. I have been hitting 1500-1700 calories a day. I feel full and satisfied,and eating this many calories, maybe I can lose 3-4 lbs a week.

As far as my caloriebreakdown, here is mine for today so far:

Breakfast: Cottage cheese w/ fruit mixed in & coffee 150 calories
    Lunch: Lean pocket 260 calories
    Dinner: I have abot 2000 calories left for dinner. I usually will eat 1000-1200 for dinner,but tonight is my anniversary so I am going to splurge and maybe eat 1800-2000 and feel guilt free

I usually eat light thru the day,and have a heavier dinner to keep me filled so I dont snack at night. I never thought that 400 calories would hold me thru until dinner,but it has,and I feel fine,not saying it is right for everybody. But I also have 100 lbs to lose,so I can get by with less I think
  • morf13
    Options
    Forgot to add,I also drink alot of water thru the day too
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that i get the least amount of calories in the morning, then gradually increases throughout the day. I'm hitting my calorie goal and all, I was just wondering if it mattered how you distribute your calories throughout the day. Just curious. :-)

That's how I do it. I'd rather have a few calories left to eat around 10pm than nothing at all!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall, and 346 lbs.(lost 6 lbs this past week). According to MFP's calorie counter tool,I need to take in 2440 calories a day to lose 2 pounds per week.

For the first few days, I was hungry and thought I would be craving food,etc, but my appetite has now shut down,and I eat not because I am really hungry, but because I know I have to.
    I started at 425 and down 124 since July, at first it wasn't a problem to shut down the appetite. After a while the appetite came back and I'm now eating more frequently and have really upped my water intake. Its a long road to turning my lifestyle around but I realize its about adapting to the changing needs of my body and making things work to get off the unwanted pounds.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter. If it works for you and keeps you on track, that is the right plan.
  • dove100
    Options
    I eat whenever I feel hungry but I'm not a big breakfast eater; not usually
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency does not matter one bit... Just make sure you are hitting your caloric intake for the day along with your Macro's..... Best of Luck
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, i am the same way as you.
  • morf13
    Options

I started at 425 and down 124 since July, at first it wasn't a problem to shut down the appetite. After a while the appetite came back and I'm now eating more frequently and have really upped my water intake. Its a long road to turning my lifestyle around but I realize its about adapting to the changing needs of my body and making things work to get off the unwanted pounds.

Wow, great job. You lost in 6 months, the same amount I want to lose (125 lbs). I would love to lose it in 6 months like you did, but I realize I am about 75 pounds less than you were when you started,so maybe 10-12 months is more realistic.