Hi *waves* I'm new

Options
Hi

I joined yesterday actually, and just got around to posting my introduction. I'm looking forward to this site really being a good help to me in my quest to lose weight.

I'm at the heaviest that I've ever been, and my self esteem is really low. I started eating when my father died in May of 2007, then I had a baby 15 months ago and now I'm really stuck and can't get the baby weight off and the other weight that I put on when Dad died.

My husband is a good cheering section, but I'm still lacking motivation. I'm really thinking that this site will help. :)

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome! I have only been using this site a little over a week but it's great! Good Luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) You'll find this website very helpful. Everyone is super nice & the tools are great!
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    Welcome! I have no doubt you'll find a ton of support and useful information on here to help you achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Coppersky55
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using this site since the cliche new year and have found it very supportive and everyone is very helpful. It is so easy to track your meals rather than follow a meal plan, and it has really given me a better understanding of what I actually need. I had a few years in a row of surgeries and each one brought a litle more weight. I would do fad diets and the weight would go away for awhile, but it always came back when i went on vacation or had a few weekends in a row with parties or barbeques. This has been a process that truly feels healthy and also doesn't keep you on a such a strict regime that your are starving or lightheaded or unmotivated. You are absolutely going to see great results and i am very excited for you. My favorite part of this site is that you can watch your progress and see when you have a bad eating day how that factors in to your weight loss. For starters, just focus on keeping track of your food which i found unbelievable how much I had been eating before i started tracking. You get more calories to consume if you exercise and I treat it like a little game so I have gotten int he habit of having at least some exercise every day, including walking to the grocery store from the parking lot, etc, it all counts. Good luck to you and before you know it you will be getting lighter and smaller!