Maually Increased my Daily Calorie Allotment

Options
I'm relatively small (5'3") and MFP has me set at 1210 calories per day. It didn't bother me much before since I exercise most days and eat the calories back. However, this week, I have not exercised as much and have tried to stay within the calorie guidelines. And I now see how ridiculously low it is! Plus, I did the BMR calculation and it is over 1300 calories for me! Plus, I am just not losing weight very quickly and suspect that it is because of the low calories. So today, I manually increased my daily calories to 1300. I am going to go with that for a few weeks and see how it goes. I may increase it to 1400 since I see so many people reporting success at that calorie level. Wish me luck! Share your success stories with me about increasing your calorie intacke!

Replies

• kellyraesmik
    kellyraesmik Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have just done the same thing... only I raised it about 500 more than MFP tells me too. This is based off my TDEE number and BMR number. Check out this forum post for more details on this subject: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    And best of luck to you! :)
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It took me less than a week on MFP before I upped mine from 1330 to 1550. Way more energy and still losing weight. Seems to work best for me that way too.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have just done the same thing... only I raised it about 500 more than MFP tells me too. This is based off my TDEE number and BMR number. Check out this forum post for more details on this subject: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    And best of luck to you! :)

I just changed mine per the Road Map also... I am hoping it works and going to give it a few weeks to be sure. But after you fully understand the Road Map it seems like the most logical thing to do.

I do have to say that I had to read through the comments for the first few pages on his post just to understand it fully, but the guy who originally posted this does a really good job explaining it.... I think he knows what he is talking about.