How many Tbsp is....

Options
Just wondering how many tablespoons is in one of those little plastic cups that restaurants use to serve the dressing on the side. I always thought they were 2 tbsp, but then I started second guessing myself. Does anyone know for certain?

Replies

• lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are 1/4 cup?

I bet the chef would know.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    To my knowledge the small ones are 2 ounces and the larger ones are 4 ounces, but as far as how many tbsp, I'm sorry I don't know that.
  • fitgirl232
    Options
    it varies a lot. When I worked at Chilis they had two different sizes (blue and red) and we would use whichever one we happened to grab. So it's not consistent. I would ask
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    4 TBSP= 2 fluid ounces. And same for me when I used to work in a restaurant, the little cups were also two different sizes, 2 or 4 ounces. I agree though, I would ask the server when you are there to be sure. :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you go to the same place regularly, stick the container in your pocket or purse and measure when you get home!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    DEPENDS ON THE SIZE OF THE CUP... AT MY WORK OUR LITTLE ONE IS EQUAL TO 2 TABLESPOONS
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will take along my measuring spoon next time I go to the restaurant. :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Or, you can do like my friend does and keep a bottle of "preferred" dressing in her purse! They also make little packets you can buy at Walmart that are low-cal and easier to carry in your purse. Most restaurant dressings are SUPER high in calories, and it's just not worth it, IMO.
  • lanskies
    lanskies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To my knowledge the small ones are 2 ounces and the larger ones are 4 ounces, but as far as how many tbsp, I'm sorry I don't know that.

You're right, the little ones that look like this are 2 oz. which are 4 Tbsp when full. So I'd think twice before eating this 300 calorie container of ranch dressing almost entirely composed of fat.
    31eaybox_LWL_SY355.jpg
  • ValerieTheBohemian
    ValerieTheBohemian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the posting of the images of the little (2 oz.) containers. Very helpful. Yes, 2 ounces equivalent to 4 tablespoons.