What should I order??

Options
Liatush
Liatush Posts: 627 Member
A bunch of co-workers and I are going to Delmonico's for lunch (restaurant week!) - they do not have nutritional info and I am not sure what to choose that will be the healthiest/lowest calorie option and somehow allow me to have more than water for dinner...

What would you order and how many calories would you guesstimate:

Appetizers
◦Kale Caesar
◦Chef's Daily Pasta

Entrees
◦Wild Mushroom, Fingerling Potatoes
Pan Roasted Wild Salmon
◦Chicken Marengo
Rock Shrimp, Marengo Sauce
◦Delmonico Steak
Chef's Choice of Seasonal Vegetables

Desserts
◦New York Cheesecake
◦Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
◦Beignets

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If they serve fish and chicken order it, baked, with steamed veggies on the side. I have yet to eat in a restaurant that won't do it.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Kale caesar (dressing on the side)
    Pan roasted wild salmon and seasonal vegetables (double veg instead of starch)
    Calories totally depends on serving size: I can live without dessert, but not wine!
  • mudbugs07
    mudbugs07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Which delmonico the one in las vagas or New Orleans. I would tell you the kale caesar with dressing on the side an then drizzle it yourself and go with wild mushroom and salmon. But I would stay away from the dessert unless u really want the go with the bagnets I love those thing. I miss going Sunday for brunch and eating bagnets and milk at the moring call.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Which delmonico the one in las vagas or New Orleans. I would tell you the kale caesar with dressing on the side an then drizzle it yourself and go with wild mushroom and salmon. But I would stay away from the dessert unless u really want the go with the bagnets I love those thing. I miss going Sunday for brunch and eating bagnets and milk at the moring call.

I am actually going to the one in NYC

Any idea as to caloric content for the salmon with mushrooms? I am leaning toward that, but MFP is saying even that is over 500 (sides not included)...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pasta, steak and all 3 desserts, low cal =/= healthy