Exercise Calories

stef_e_b
stef_e_b Posts: 593
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I know that there is many different opinons on eating them or not but that's not my question.

I find that when I eat my exercise cals I gain.

Is there a way to add my exercise cals into my log without upping my daily allowance?

I'd like to keep a record of my exercise and it would be easier just to add it here.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Have you tried eating half of them?
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    I usually add my exercise after I have logged all my food, or most of it. Then I can track what I have eaten and my exercise here. I don't eat all my exercise calories, but some days I pick up about 100- 150 of them. Maybe as was mentioned above, eat only half or some of them?
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    I do eat my excercise calories but I do two things....first I wear a HRM to get an accurate count. It is amazing to me how many less calories I burn now that I have lost weight. When I first joined I was so happy to use my HRM instead of the MFP amounts because I was always buring more...now I burn less, even with increasing my intensity to 85% max heart rate I still burn less.

Second, I subtract the amount of calories I would have burned sitting at the computer or watching tv...for me it is about 2 calories per minute. So, if I do the eliptical for 30 minutes and it says that I burned 270 calories, I subtract 60 and only log in 210.

Hope these and the other ideas that are sure to come your way help.

DD
  • I just try to have at least a 500 calorie deficit and that seems to allow me to continue losing weight fairly steadily. I have found that the elliptical is a faster way to burn calories than walking so I try to do at least 30 min on the elliptical which usually translates into at least 300 calories. I also try to incorporate the stationary biking as that also seems to burn more calories faster. At least once per week I put my road bike on a trainer and put a movie on and even if I am just lightly pedaling, I am burning more calories than if i were to sit and watch the movie. It seems to be working as I am not muffin topping my jeans anymore. Hope that helps.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    ...It is amazing to me how many less calories I burn now that I have lost weight. When I first joined I was so happy to use my HRM instead of the MFP amounts because I was always buring more...now I burn less, even with increasing my intensity to 85% max heart rate I still burn less...

Isn't that the truth! But it's SO worth it :happy:

I have to agree with what's been said above. What you could also do is add, and glance at the number below ("You've earned x calories from exercise today"), and realize that your caloric intake should be 1200, 1290, whatever the number is. It's not perfect, but it's something!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Put yourself in as sedentary and add it all here. :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Yes, you can add your exercise in "my exercise" where you can record your time and just enter "0" as calories burned. Or just change the calories burned to "0" when you use one of the pre-listed exercises.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    It's possible that your metabolism is simply slower than average, therefore, your maintenance and BMR is lower than what this site is calculating. You can also lower your calorie goals manually if you feel you need to (then add exercise calories back).
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    The other thing to do is to "cheat" and log the exercise as ".40" for 40 minutes, so you still know how long you did it but it's not full minutes so you don't ever have but like 6 calories added. Or, do that until the end of the day, and before you hit "finish" remove the "." to make it count at the end.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    mrsschronce thats a great idea! Thats exactly what I am going to do! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.