Has anyone tried Juicing your veggies?

Options
Been considering buying a juicer, just wondering if anyone has tried it and how they liked/disliked it?
I really hate most veggies and think this might be a good way for me to get them in my daily diet.

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of buying a juicer and then found out (don't know why I didn't automatically think it for myself) but you lose a lot of the nutrients and nearly all of the fiber. You'll be concentrating the sugars, losing the good stuff and getting hungry very soon after. If you just want to make a glass of juice, go for it. If you are doing it perceived health benefits, I'd get a blender instead and make smoothies.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    So many threads on this: juice counts as one serving a day regardless of how much you drink or how many different veggies you juice. Consider blending instead - soups and smoothies - or experimenting with different recipes. I can eat all sorts of veggies in a richly flavoured sauce (curry, stir fry, mediterranean tomato and red wine, cheese sauce, Bolognese, chilli con carne) but not as a naked side.