Other New Year's Resolutions

Options
Most of us on this site have the same goal...lose weight and get into shape. However, I do have some other goals for the new year and would like to share them with everyone. Feel free to post and add me!!

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
2. Only eat out once weekly
3. Only drink 1 soft drink daily (if at all)
4. Keep a postive outlook on life
5. Pray daily

I have them listed on my Ipod (which my son has with him) and I can't remember the rest of them right now.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    GOOD ONES!
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    my resolutions are to not drink alcohol for a full year and to get in better shape.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Bench my body weight by the end of the year (preferrably by my birthday in August)
    Do at least 1 unassisted pull up
    Beat my June 5k time
    Read at least 20 books
    Cut down on my frivolous shopping
    Donate all of the clothes I don't wear at the end of the year
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1) Fold and put away clean laundry promptly (aka no more leaving clean laundry on the guest bed and treating that as a closet)
    2) Clean dishes the same day they are dirtied (aka no more leaving dirty dishes to sit in/near the sink/stove)
    3) Organize and stay organized, especially for paperwork at home
    4) Cook more and eat out less--goal cook at least 5-6 dinners per week
    5) Save more, spend smarter/less (details vary, but the gist is to track the little things better)
    6) Write thank you notes the same week the service/gift is given
    7) Make a new friend
    8) Learn a new hobby (contenders are: basic woodworking, sewing--some skill here already, play guitar)
    9) Average at least 1 book read per week,
    part two read more non-fiction
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be more social. When I started losing weight, I became a bit shut in, both because I was using a lot of time exercising, and because a lot of socializing centers around high calorie food.

But no more! I've been going out and doing lots of things. Interesting shows with friends, spontaneous weekend trips to visit people, etc.