Calling all Mirena users!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• diannastadnyk
    diannastadnyk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 2.5 years. I love it! I've had no periods at all. During when I assume would be my TOM I feel a little bloated and crampy(minor) but other than that its been Great!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ok, a lot of my experiences have already been discussed, but here it is! (I've had it in for 3 years this August.)
    Pros:
    very few periods
    when I do, may last only a few hours (this month is longest in a while clocking in at 2 days)
    Ummmmm, that's all I can really think of.

Cons:
    periods appear to have NO rhyme or reason (3 weeks, 2 months, 1 week, etc between with no discernable pattern)
    libido DECIMATED!!!! I'm talking NO desire, no matter what:grumble: :cry:
    I can go from 0 to WITCH with no warning, and then 3 seconds later I may dissolve into tears or hysterical laughter:huh:
    did I mention NO sex drive?

Good news is that after almost 3 years, my moods aren't QUITE as volatile as they were. The moods are not really a good thing when you teach middle school and high school kids! I haven't really noticed weight gain with it. (My big issue was I quit nursing and continued to eat like I still was!) I don't know that I would recommend it to anyone. I go back and forth about whether to have it removed or not. Currently I'm going to keep it, but ask me in a month. I'll probably have changed my mind again!:laugh:

I can say that 2 of my 3 cons got so bad after about 18 months that I was going to have it removed during my next period. (My dr wanted me to do it then because it would be less painful.) Well, when they don't last but for a day, it's really hard to get that done. Everytime I called, he was out of the office (delivering babies, doing surgeries and other such "unimportant" things:wink::tongue: ).

Ok, I think I may have just talked myself into having it removed, again:laugh: Remembering all of the bad things has done it. I'm thinking I may arrange for DH to have a long weekend of rest and "relaxation" soon, so that I can just forget about all of this BC crud!:laugh:
  • loverrgirrl
    Options
    I had one put in about a year ago...and it was painful of course the doctor forgot to give me the prescriptions for the meds i was suposed to take prior to having it done. I loved it for the 3 months i had it and then it worked itself out...oh well my benefits paid for it since it was around $500
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I had one put in about a year ago...and it was painful of course the doctor forgot to give me the prescriptions for the meds i was suposed to take prior to having it done. I loved it for the 3 months i had it and then it worked itself out...oh well my benefits paid for it since it was around $500

I didn't know there were any kind of meds they were supposed to prescribe. I was just told to take an Advil about an hour before my appointment.
  • blufire07
    blufire07 Posts: 14
    Options
    I had mine put in about a week ago and it hurt so bad getting it put in. He had to use the ultrasound to put it in because 2% of women have a tilted uterus that tilts downward and of course that had to be me. My uterus sits almost on my spine. He had to dilate me to 8 to get it in. I had light bleeding that stopped with horrible cramps and now the spotting is very light but cant' seem to shake the bloating. Has anyone else had this and when will it subside?