Alcohol and dieting, advice?

Options
13»

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So I'm looking for some advice here, I'm 21 years old first off, and I'm finding myself in the same dilemma every weekend..whether I should workout more or eat less just so I can go out and drink..I know that the healthiest choice would be to just cut alcohol all together but I don't see that as being an attainable goal for me at this time..so I'm looking for advice/suggestions from anyone that may be in a similar situation..how much is an ok amount to drink, what would be the best thing to drink, and should I be eating less to save calories for my drinks or is that even less healthy? Anyone who has any input on how to balance dieting and my current social life would be greatly appreciated!!

Seriously, if you are trying to choose between nutrition and alcohol, you just might have a problem with alcohol...

Oh come on, she's 21! Give the girl a break! People with an alcohol problem don't generally put it on a forum either
  • melissaann009
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your advice and input! If I had the time I would respond individually, but I must go workout! Yes workout, not go out! I will be staying home on a Friday night! Also thanks to those of you who responded so I didnt have to lol- no I do not feel as though I have a problem nor am I choosing alcohol over a healthy lifestyle if that was the case I wouldn't be here, I'd be at the bar! Thanks again everyone for all your help!
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would not tell anyone to cut anything out of their diet that they enjoy--soda, fried food, ice cream or alcohol. For me, I make sure that I meet 90% of my macros with food before I add in alcohol. I often use my exercise calories for alcohol--WIll Kickbox for Wine.

hahahaha love this!!!!
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your advice and input! If I had the time I would respond individually, but I must go workout! Yes workout, not go out! I will be staying home on a Friday night! Also thanks to those of you who responded so I didnt have to lol- no I do not feel as though I have a problem nor am I choosing alcohol over a healthy lifestyle if that was the case I wouldn't be here, I'd be at the bar! Thanks again everyone for all your help!

WELL SAID GIRL AND WELL DONE ON YOUR FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE GYM!!!!! KEEP AT IT....AFTER ALL I SAID IN MY FIRST POST TO YOU ON THIS TOPIC I AM HAVING A HARD TIME TONIGHT, SO WANNA GO OUT AND GET WRECKED HAHAHA. SO FAR I HAVE STAYED STRONG AND AT HOME LOL
  • bchrist110
    Options
    I am an exercise science graduate working on my graduate degree right now and I am not sure if anyone has said this but alcohol actually causes muscle to slow down in recovery. By drinking more than one alcoholic drink a day your causing your body to recover slower. It will take twice as long for a certain muscle group to recover if you consume alcohol. Normal recovery for one muscle group is two days...while drinking its four.