Super morbidly obese. Any advice?

Options
13»

Replies

• lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    From what you have written, it seems like you have figured out what you need to do. I'd stick with your plan for a period of weeks, or months and see how it goes. You can tweak it along the way if needed. As you get lighter you can incorporate more or different exercises. Some people have and will suggest eating more carbs, but if eliminating a lot of them has increased your chance of success, I would rather see you at 266 and lo-carb than 366 and still struggling. Maybe over time you can reintroduce some carbohydrates and eat them without feeling the need to binge as much.

My only advice to you is not to look at any food as "bad" or to feel guilty for eating a treat every once in awhile. You have enough calories available every day to have an occassional treat and working at modifying your binging by having an occassional treat might help with long term maintenance. I love chocolate and I have a piece every day!

Best of luck to you.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    THANKS VERY MUCH to everyone for replying to my post .. :-)

Only one person asked a specfic question:
    Do you have to go out and get these binge foods or are they in your house/workplace already? I find that I cant keep certain foods in my house or I will just eat them and eat them all quickly!

Goodness me, no, I would never dream of keeping binge junk in the house, that is just asking for trouble. No, the problem is, there are shops in my street, one of them just two doors away, that sell the junky binge food. I try never to enter these shops, or even walk past them. The danger comes when I am forced to go there to get something "legitimate", I see the chocolate and crisps and cakes and on impulse grab and buy, rush home and binge.

I haven't had a binge for at least a week now. I am finally realising that it's just not worth it!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Fourth, I am a little puzzled why a few on here are suggesting that I eat grains and fruit and potatoes. I went through h3ll to give up those trigger-foods and I will not return to them

anything that may "trigger" binging dont eat!!!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    things that have helped me, that may work for you too:

attending Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step group for those of us who overeat, binge, etc.
    free, open to all.
    oa.org

eating a plant based vegan diet of whole, fresh foods, lots of fruits and veg.
    many great books can guide you.

see Forks Over Knives, excellent documentary on health and plant based diet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7ijukNzlUg
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Girl... why lose only 100lbs? Let's aim higher to work harder! Hopefully, by joining on here, your life will change!
    Cabbage soup? By experience, do eat it, but not everyday like they say, you'll get so tired of it that the smell will make you wanna puke and you'll go and eat a pizza instead!
    Sadly, if I can say, the secret is really to eat well balanced portions of low fat foods. I LOVE carbs as well.. pasta being my ultimate best... but I have almost cut it all out of my life to get to my goal.
    With major changes, the weight will start to go off fast by itself (The "myth" if you lose to fast you gain it back fast, makes me laugh... isn't there new studies saying now that it is NOT a factor!?!), you body will have to adjust to all this new stuff as well!

Can't exercise? It's alright! For what I have learn/observed. morbidly obese fellows can't really exercise in the beginnings... start with moving on your couch: arms exercise, core exercise...