Women with MS

Options
I am 35,I have MS and have lost 30 lbs(took me a year to do it) wanting to lose 100 more. There has to be other women with MS on here...wanna be friends?:smile:

Replies

• linbynn
    linbynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have just been diagnosed with MS. I am 36 . . . I would like to lose about 20 pounds, but it is slow going. And yes, I'll be your friend :smile:
  • alpha240
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40 yrs old and have MS. I also just had a baby and have alot of weight I wish to lose, but I can't blame it totally on baby weight. I was over weight pre-pregnancy. I'm hoping this site will help me stay motivated and accountable. My MS does slow me down, but I like getting in its face defying it! My biggest issue is that I get so winded when I exert myself. I'm hoping I can increase my endurance level through regular excercise and weight loss. This is HARD to admit, but I want to lose 120 lbs. Yes, I'll be your friend. :)
  • sykodelika
    Options
    Hi :) I was diagnosed with MS when I was 17 and went into a deep depression, eating for comfort and gaining weight like crazy. I'm finally ready to lose weight now (age 25) after suffering a very bad relapse which took away my ability to walk properly. I know losing weight will help with my goal to walk unaided again (or at least with just a stick.)

I'd like to add you as well, if that's ok :)
  • Jenhelms1972
    Jenhelms1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with MS in 2011 and they told me that I would probably be in a wheelchair in 10 years but it more than 10 years and I have been walking daily for about 2 months. I am trying to lose weight to feel healthier but I have a long way (77) pounds to go.