Looking for Others with Hypothyroidism

Options

Replies

• Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No problem! It's interesting to read how others are coping but yeah, it's a bit strange being a guy with it. Hey, could always be worse!

I remember a thread not too long ago started by a man, so there are a few others here. Maybe you could start a thread to find some? It must be tough, I bet a lot of the support out there is geared towards women.
  • tcrisafi1
    Options
    I am one and half years cancer free and the meds I am on cause weight gain. My metabolisms is like a slug... please add me!
  • almilner
    Options
    Hi there, diagnosed a year and a half ago.Just upped my dose to .88, after having it under control with .75 for a year, thyroid went wacko again. Been on this dose for almost 6 weeks. I hope this works because these 15 pounds I've gained have got to go!!!
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for 8 years. I know the feeling all too well. Feel free to add me :-)
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    I have it. It sucks!! haha :)
  • gretchk82
    Options
    I have always had difficulty keeping weight off, but when I figured nutrition out, the pounds began dropping off and I got down to almost 120 (5'2") about a year and a half ago. Next thing I know, I'm exhausted all the time and majorly stressed out. I figured it was my ridiculous schedule and my doctor had already ruled out hypothyroidism the previous year. Anyway, I slowly start gaining weight again and, at my next annual physical, my doctor tests me for Hypo. Tada! I now have the disease. I'm on a low dose of levothyroxine, but I'm really trying to eat as healthy as possible and exercise on a regular basis and I'm having trouble losing the weight I gained. Any suggestions?
  • SuzyBeah
    Options
    Hi There!! Hypo here as well!
  • ShananMay
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism. Mine is from having to have my thyroid removed. Feel Free to Add me!!!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yup. Pick me! Everyone has a story. Over the last 25 years I have had gains of up to 25lbs because they messed with my meds. I'm on the right track now. I've never been to an endo. But just try to change them again. That's where I'm headed.
  • LuFitch
    LuFitch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • LuFitch
    LuFitch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also Hypo. Had my Thyroid removed a few years ago. I take 175 mcg Levothyroxine. Thought for years I couldn't lose the weight. Started walking with a friend and restricted my calorie intake and did lose 23 pounds in 2 and a half months. Lost my walking buddy and decided time to start once again knowing that it can be done. Looking for friends also. Young and old feel free to add me. Blessings.
  • flame65
    Options
    I just found that I have hypothyroidism ....On meds for 3 months now. Not sure about diet ,,,,Doc just said " you will feel much better"...lol...No other info : /
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Hey there. I am hypo also. I was diagnosed with it when I was around 16 yrs old. For me it has made things difficult to lose weight. Im still gonna try though. Add me if you would like.
  • MartiCat70
    MartiCat70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 2 years ago and it added on 30lbs. I'm with ya. :flowerforyou:
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just found that I have hypothyroidism ....On meds for 3 months now. Not sure about diet ,,,,Doc just said " you will feel much better"...lol...No other info : /

Ack! Time for a new doctor!

I've been hypo for the last 8 years... I share in your frustrations! Anyone can feel free to add me... I'm trying to eat better and exercise regularly to stay on top of the thyroid stuff. (In addition to my meds!)
  • Cath_active
    Options
    Hello there,
    I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and it's sucks...REALLY.
    First of all, because the doc said it was probably the main reason I had a hard time losing weight overthe last year and that also I will be stuck with it for the rest of my life...does this bother anyone else? Because i,ve talk about it with my sister and my mom who both have been diagnosed and both said: so what if I have to take meds for the rest of my life...
    I don't know about you guys...but I HATE THIS!
    I've tried dieting...so far no changes...
    if anyone has tricks please share them with me or add me as a friend
    thanks
    Cath
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroditis after my second child was born. My diary is open and I log every day.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Both my parents have it so it runs in my family. I am on Synthroid 112 mcg. Weight is not my biggest issue....I hate feeling like I never get a good night's rest. My endocrinologist isn't very patient friendly and I've considered switching because I don't feel much different being on the medication as I did before my diagnosis. I joined Thyroid Sexy on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/thyroidsexy

You can add me. :)
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My dad has it. :smile: So there are other men out there with Hypothyroidism.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hey, hypothyroid here (well, euthyroid on medication) .... I'm on T4/T3 (synthetic) replacement ... It's 100 times better than T4 (Synthroid) only ... Make weight loss/ weight maintenance so much easier ... Plus, my hair is back to it's full, fluffy, wavy glory ... oh, and my nails grow super fast ... Not to mention, the improved energy and endurance ...

ETA: Friend request me if you'd like ... just include a message, like "I'm hypothyroid." ... just something simple ...