spaghetti squash

angmarie28
angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
anyone have any good, vegetarian, recipes for spaghetti squash, I bought one today to use for spaghetti, but im the only one that will eat it, so im gunna freeze the extra and use it later, but dont know any other good uses for it

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    You should explore Skinnytaste.com. I found a recipe for Spaghetti squash au gratin. Tasted like the potato recipe. Pretty yummy!
  • jrmommy23
    jrmommy23 Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks, that sounds delicious!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I use it to make "pasta salad." Just cold, cooked spaghetti squash, cucumber, roasted red peppers, vinaigrette, olives, onions, artichokes, etc.
  • bbacskai
    bbacskai Posts: 10 Member
    Add some herbs like ground oregano or chopped parsley to it and heat it up in a teflon pan with about 1/4 cup broth until the broth evaporates, and serve it as squash. All the food channels that say "use like spaghetti" are kidding themselves. Its like saying salmon tastes like cheeseburgers.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    I LOVE it!!!!!!!! I eat almost 1 a day! I eat meat with it but love it with a broccoli stir fry ( cook separate) and a little coconut oil (it boosts metabolism and is so good for you) salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and some marinara on top! its my favorite thing to eat now. So basically add some veggies , any kind go with it! check out youtube for recipes!
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    This is a simple, quick and delicious recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-i/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

We add Morningstar Farms "Grilled Chicken" on top - yummy!!
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Just had spaghetti squash for lunch. The wife cooked up a soup using V8 vegetable juice and any and every veggie she could find in the fridge (squash, broccoli, cauliflower, canned tomatoes, mushrooms among others) and served that over the squash. Very tasty!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I eat it like I eat pasta.
    I have a feeling it would be delicious with butter and brown sugar, but I'm not going there.
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Great tips! I've never had spaghetti squash, but looking forward to trying out some of these ideas! Thanks!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Add some herbs like ground oregano or chopped parsley to it and heat it up in a teflon pan with about 1/4 cup broth until the broth evaporates, and serve it as squash. All the food channels that say "use like spaghetti" are kidding themselves. Its like saying salmon tastes like cheeseburgers.
    I dont think it tastes like spaghetti , I think its so much better! I sometimes put a meat sauce on top but prefer my fish, turkey, or chicken on the side veggies I mix in .....way .better.than.pasta.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    I chop bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms and sauté on stove top mix in ground turkey and spaghetti sauce. Add spaghetti squash to the mix. Sometimes I bake it in the oven and melt mozzarella cheese on top of the dish. Low in calories and full of veggies.
  • angmarie28
    i doesnt taste the same at all to me, but i like it still and great when you need a low calorie meal
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I love to eat it cold mixed with dried beans and chopped vegetables with a vinaigrette dressing. Kind of like a pasta salad. I call it my "impasta salad".

It's also good with just a little parmesan, or with a mushroom gravy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    All the food channels that say "use like spaghetti" are kidding themselves. Its like saying salmon tastes like cheeseburgers.

"Use like" and "tastes like" are the not same thing. It looks like spaghetti, so it can be used like it as way to cut calories and/or carbs.

You can use salmon to make salmon burgers, and while they are delicious, they don't taste like a hamburger.
  • angmarie28
    I eat it like I eat pasta.
    I have a feeling it would be delicious with butter and brown sugar, but I'm not going there.
    probably is good, but I also am not going there either
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    This has been enlightening! I've never had spaghetti squash. Does it taste just like regular squash? One of my kids just loves regular squash and zuccini.
  • angmarie28
    This has been enlightening! I've never had spaghetti squash. Does it taste just like regular squash? One of my kids just loves regular squash and zuccini.
    not really, same texture pretty much and its a great replacment, 2 of my kids eat it, the other knows its diffrent so decided he doesnt like it haha
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Love, Love, LOVE spag squash.
    cut in half, microwave in covered dish with a bit of H20 scrape - add a BIT of marg/butter, minced garlic, and wee bit o parmesean cheese or seasoning salt.

or cook it - add it to sauted peppers, red onions with balsamic viniger and garlic of course.

Bon appetite.