Problem area

Options
I'm usually a fan of outdoor workouts,Walking and running.The cold weather here in the Northeast has forced me inside.I'm doing 30DS as well as couple of other DVD's but nothing has any excercise for the inner thighs.I know this is a tough area for a lot of women.Anyone know a good one?

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Not to be too blunt, but cold weather is no reason not to exercise outside. I'm in metro Boston and run outside all the time. WIth the proper gear it is not a problem at all. Check out Marathon Sports and they can get you properly equipped.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce. The only thing to do is lose fat all over, to slim thighs.

If you are going for the thigh-gap look, many women will never attain this, due to their genetic hip structures.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have raynauds disease and turn purple if I excercise in the cold.I've been Running for 3 years and this is the first winter I haven't been able to take it outside.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Not the gap thigh look,My thighs don't touch,It's just that I'm in my 40's and I've lost 45 pounds and want to firm up.Not reduce.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Not sure if there is a Marathon sports in my area but I'll google it.Don't get me wrong,if it's 32 or above,I'll double up on the gloves and get out there.Here on the South shore,it's been 3-8 degrees this week and that kind of cold really causes me problems.I wasn't actually diagnosed with this until last month after a run.Oddly,the Doctor told me I have symptoms now because I lost weight.She said it's common in "tiny people".
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If "firming" up is your goal, then you need body recomposition. Fastest and most efficient way to achieve recomposition in the lower body is to utilize heavy compound movements, namely, squats (back, front, hack) and deadlifts (standard, straight leg, Romanians, and sumo).
  • avababy05
    Options
    Thank you.There are squats involved in 30DS.I'm going to add extra and give it some more time...and look up what the rest of that means!