Matthew 6:25-food and faith-

Options
Hello everyone!!

I just thought I would share this moment-

Ive really been struggling with my food addiction and its gotten worse since I've tried to maintain my weight. I hate it. Food is all I think about sometimes. It even effects my attitude and other aspect in my life like my faith.

Last night I came across this and it touched me. Matthew 6:25 (NIV)

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. IS NOT LIFE MORE IMPORTANT THAN FOOD AND THE BODY MORE IMPORTANT THAN CLOTHES?"

So.... I know the references is because people faced the prospect of going hungry not getting over weight but its just incredible that such a simple statement helped me. This is my new motto when I start thinking unnecessarily about food and its working like never before.

Thank you Jesus for all your help and MFP pals!!!
Tiff

Replies

• siegt
    siegt Posts: 1
    Options
    Verty good scripture and congratulations on your progress. I just started eatin well and exercising about a week ago. I have dealt with food addiction my entire life. I was never really overweight until now. After my last child, she is 3 now, I do not seem to have any control of my food intake. I'm miserable. I will use the scripture you mentioned to help. Thanks.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    The power of prayer really works, ask the Lord to help you and He really will. Thank you for sharing scripture, it's always uplifting! :) Keep up the great work!
  • kfsooner
    kfsooner Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • TC318
    TC318 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I think that is a great verse to remind us of Who will take care of us, if we just let Him. i believe that i am being successful this time is willing to Let God have control to mold me and fix the inside me not just the outer me.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that scripture! I'm going to hang it on my mirror to remind me everyday.
  • msdawn15
    msdawn15 Posts: 26
    Options
    I wanted you to know that I understand when you say "it's all I think about at times". This is how I feel often. I am only about 10 lbs overweight (5"6" 140) but anytime I try to lose weight, eat better or just be healthier, I start obessing on what I'm gong to eat next. I have never "stayed on the wagon" because I always in up back where I started. I often think that others have no understanding on how I felt...until now. Thank you for sharing the verse and your struggle. Have you ever read a book called THE MAKERS DIET?
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your struggle and insight. It's interesting that I was meditating on that passage last week. And this week I was searching for a way to deal with the emotional aspects of my overeating. Thank you Lord for your great guidance.