FRUSTRATION -- Turned Away at the GYM!!

Options
I need some advice. For the second time in 5 days, I've been turned away from my favorite class (spin) at the gym due to a full class. I ate my calories today thinking I would be going to work out hard tonight, got to the gym 30 minutes early, and was denied a pass as the class was full. In a fit of frustration (and only child syndrome) I walked out and drove back home. I didn't eat dinner -- just snacked on some popcorn and reduced guilt tortilla chips and salsa. But I have engagement pictures coming up this weekend and am feeling quite frustrated and disappointed. When I was turned away on Friday, I simply got on the elliptical for an hour and pushed it. But, after the weekend from all get out (power outages, canceled work, etc.), I just was not in the mood to push myself or waste my time pretending to push myself on the elliptical.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, what do you do to keep yourself motivated and get your butt to the gym??? :angry: :grumble: :explode: :sad:

Replies

• biggshines
    biggshines Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    there are lots of gyms
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I probably woulda smiled and hit the elliptical.. Especially after eating your cals and you've got the big picture day coming up.. Yeah.. I woulda just went on the elliptical. But I do like the elliptical too.. I don't know... You shoulda tuffed it out with a smile on your face of course, cause you gotta practice that beautiful smile for the pictures, my dear. :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I need some advice. For the second time in 5 days, I've been turned away from my favorite class (spin) at the gym due to a full class. I ate my calories today thinking I would be going to work out hard tonight, got to the gym 30 minutes early, and was denied a pass as the class was full. In a fit of frustration (and only child syndrome) I walked out and drove back home. I didn't eat dinner -- just snacked on some popcorn and reduced guilt tortilla chips and salsa. But I have engagement pictures coming up this weekend and am feeling quite frustrated and disappointed. When I was turned away on Friday, I simply got on the elliptical for an hour and pushed it. But, after the weekend from all get out (power outages, canceled work, etc.), I just was not in the mood to push myself or waste my time pretending to push myself on the elliptical.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, what do you do to keep yourself motivated and get your butt to the gym??? :angry: :grumble: :explode: :sad:
    Ask when is the earliest a person can get signed up for that class and do not miss a class once you are signed up! As for me, I get ticked but I always push it in another form of fitness. There is NO way I am letting a situation I have NO controll over stopping me from working out!! Now go burn off those calories somehow someway!!!! GO!!!!